Dishin & Swishin 03/29/17 Podcast: Oregon's Kelly Graves on the Final Four | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin 03/29/17 Podcast: Oregon's Kelly Graves on the Final Four

Reaction Score
This week on Dishin & Swishin we will have multiple podcasts breaking down and discussing the Final Four, and we hope you enjoy listening to all of them!

First up, who better than the coach that saw three of the four teams first hand? It is a pleasure to welcome back Oregon's Kelly Graves, fresh off his Ducks' incredible postseason success. Graves was nice enough to talk to us on his way to some well earned family vacation time.

Reaction Score
Thought his in person vs. on film comments were really interesting.

How about that little tidbit about future scheduling? :)

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thanks for doing this awesome interview with coach Graves and posting it here. He's a righteous dude.

It will be fascinating to see how his team handles the pressure of expectations next season. I suspect they'll be picked 3rd in the Pac-12 after Stanford and UCLA. Washington will fall back after losing Plum and Osahor, and Oregon State will struggle to replace Wiese and Hanson.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can't wish anything but luck to Graves and his charges in the Yeats to come. I've said it many though. Being a contender is easy. Becoming a champion is difficult. Building a consistent winning culture is the hardest thing to do in sports. Scott Rueck, Kelly Graves. Man the Pacific 12's future is glowing.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I can't wish anything but luck to Graves and his charges in the Yeats to come. I've said it many though. Being a contender is easy. Becoming a champion is difficult. Building a consistent winning culture is the hardest thing to do in sports. Scott Rueck, Kelly Graves. Man the Pacific 12's future is glowing.
Years to come. Thanks hand held.

Reaction Score
May Kelly Graves be right. Ah then he hedges and appears to change his mind! Pac 12 guy.
Fret not: Political correctness rules the day: Say something nice about everyone. However, I agree with not saying anything nasty about the 4 coaches remaining or their programs that would be a social issue.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Fret not: Political correctness rules the day: Say something nice about everyone. However, I agree with not saying anything nasty about the 4 coaches remaining or their programs that would be a social issue.

Yeah, he pretty much indicates the freight trail runs to the last station.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
There was news that Kelly Graves is going to try to get a Home/Away series started in 2018/19 & 2019/20. That would be Ionescu's Jr and Sr year. If he does try, can't see Geno saying no since both are Nike Schools.

Reaction Score
There was news that Kelly Graves is going to try to get a Home/Away series started in 2018/19 & 2019/20. That would be Ionescu's Jr and Sr year. If he does try, can't see Geno saying no since both are Nike Schools.
I doubt Geno shall say no if asked---Did you see Ionescu's and Geno's hug --she jumped into his arms like a long lost daughter--real
caring showed between the two. Also, Geno promotes the game--and a new up and comer will always get a boost up--IMO. Geno still needs to do it or not.

Reaction Score
Yep, that was one of my biggest takeaway from the interview, that Kelly wants a home and home with UConn beginning in 2019, the junior and senior years for Ionescu and Hebard. Other than the travel distance, it would be a great series.

I liked the way he said he'll call in Phil Knight if he has to! ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom