Dishin & Swishin 03/23/17 Podcast: A New Roundtable previews the Regionals | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin 03/23/17 Podcast: A New Roundtable previews the Regionals

Reaction Score
Last week we gave you a Writer’s Roundtable to break down the sub-regionals. We love to bring you the differing opinions and stories a roundtable presents, so this week we are going a little different; we have a Coaches Roundtable discussion to help you know what to look for and who to watch (well, two of our guests work in broadcasting too) in the Regionals.

This year's NCAA Regionals preview roundtable consists of:

• Dan Hughes, former WNBA coach and ESPN analyst
  • Katie Smith, associate head coach of the New York Liberty, and ESPN analyst
  • Shimmy Gray-Miller, longtime assistant and head coach with both Power Five and mid-major schools

It is the first roundtable for all three of our guests, although they have all been on Dishin & Swishin podcasts previously.

Together the panel explores topics including:

• Continuing to discuss the head-scratching moves of the selection committee in terms of seeds and locations
  • Who can pull off an upset and move on?
  • Injuries, injuries, injuries and their impact
  • Can UConn be knocked off in their region?
  • A look at each regional, the teams involved and the players who could be difference makers
  • The coaches and their impact on these teams
  • Freshmen sensations in key roles, including Slocum, Ionescu, and Holmes
  • Who will advance?

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting the "dishin & swishin" podcast. Nobody on that podcast knows anything about OSU (other than what they know about Sydney Wiese). That's OK, hopefully they will know more about OSU after this weekend. I do agree with them that OSU will have a very difficult game vs FSU Saturday.

Reaction Score
Thanks for listening.

Actually, I know a lot about Oregon State but have limited time to cover everything. For example, I know that Scott did one of the best jobs in the country this year, and that both Wiese and Gulich need to play big in the regionals for them to advance. I know that they have had a tremendous season, and quite honestly, I'm surprised they had the success they had after graduating such key pieces from last year's team.

I think they don't have the athleticism to stay with Florida State, who, both Shimmy and I pick to go to the Final Four.

PS I'd really love to see Wiese on the Connecticut Sun this summer!

Reaction Score
Thanks for listening.

Actually, I know a lot about Oregon State but have limited time to cover everything. For example, I know that Scott did one of the best jobs in the country this year, and that both Wiese and Gulich need to play big in the regionals for them to advance. I know that they have had a tremendous season, and quite honestly, I'm surprised they had the success they had after graduating such key pieces from last year's team.

I think they don't have the athleticism to stay with Florida State, who, both Shimmy and I pick to go to the Final Four.

PS I'd really love to see Wiese on the Connecticut Sun this summer!
Sorry, I should have excluded the "host" since you are on the west coast. OSU defensively has the athleticism to stay with FSU, with the only exception being Gulich if she cannot extend her defense. If Rueck manages his substitutions correctly, for example, bringing in Katie McWilliams for Gulich, a 6'2" guard who plays excellent defense, and can run the point, and hit 3's. As is always the case with this OSU team, it will be can they score enough points. I believe they will keep FSU final score in the 60-65 range.

Reaction Score
Actually I'm in Connecticut...but I get the Pac12 network.

I think it should be one of the better games this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom