Dishin & Swishin 02/08/17 Podcast: Saniya Chong is the backbone of this year's Huskies | The Boneyard

Dishin & Swishin 02/08/17 Podcast: Saniya Chong is the backbone of this year's Huskies

Reaction Score
This year though senior Chong has been the model of consistency, and while the “Core Four” of Katie Lou Samuelson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, and Napheesa Collier gets most of the accolades and award nominations, it is Saniya Chong that is the backbone of the undefeated Huskies, their most consistent player.

Thanks to Saniya for sticking around postgame after Tulsa to talk with me. We had arranged it in advance, then she goes out and scores 17, grabs 7 rebounds, and dishes 7 assists and all the writers wanted to talk to her! :p

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The same questions maybe, but with enough persistence in theme to bring out of Saniya enough to show us she is truly thrilled and grateful that her senior year is what it has been. Poignant when she tells the young ones play your hardest because there is no getting it back.

Reaction Score
I tried to talk about Saniya, and less about the Huskies. I wanted to know what being a senior meant to her, as well as what you commented on, being a role model.

Thanks for listening.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Seems to me that Saniya and Kiah Stokes had similar career trajectories in that they both struggled initially then blossomed more and more over time. So very happy for her.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Thanks for that. I enjoyed listening :)

Reaction Score
Really good interview. And may I add that you succeeded in having Saniya open up about herself. It is clear that she is really, really proud of being a UCONN Husky and enjoying her Senior season. Hope you are able to provide additional interviews. Once again, great listen.

Reaction Score
Sweet girl and very low key. I can see why she didn't blossom until her senior year. Not an alpha type she probably has even more to give if needed.

Reaction Score
This year though senior Chong has been the model of consistency, and while the “Core Four” of Katie Lou Samuelson, Kia Nurse, Gabby Williams, and Napheesa Collier gets most of the accolades and award nominations, it is Saniya Chong that is the backbone of the undefeated Huskies, their most consistent player.

Thanks to Saniya for sticking around postgame after Tulsa to talk with me. We had arranged it in advance, then she goes out and scores 17, grabs 7 rebounds, and dishes 7 assists and all the writers wanted to talk to her! :p

Before the USC and the 2 final 4 games---please tell Saniya you are going to interview her after the game!!! PLEASE!!

Reaction Score
Ha Ha Ha! Sorry Broadway, only the SID and I knew about the interview! She did that one all on her own!

Thank you for the listens and for the comments everyone. Not sure if anyone saw this one, but the week before I spoke to Jose Fernandez on USF, having foreign players in this current political climate, and is UConn's success having a negative impact on thoughts of the rest of the conference (margins of victory so high against teams like USF, Temple, etc).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom