Disheartening Loss Overshadows Positive Signs For UConn Football (Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Disheartening Loss Overshadows Positive Signs For UConn Football (Jacobs)

Reaction Score
I don't get the negativity. I think this program will be fine over the haul. We don't have to win right now to improve. Yesterday just reaffirmed my belief of that.

At some point we will have to win, but this program is in a better place now.

Reaction Score
humility can be a great teacher, i fully expect our K to learn from this. At least we didn't try a Fake FG like we did a few years back vs Mizzou.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
humility can be a great teacher, i fully expect our K to learn from this. At least we didn't try a Fake FG like we did a few years back vs Mizzou.
IMO if we had time to run a play before the FG at the end it would have been a great time for some trickeration with Williams. ECU D completely gased and not ready for that. Chances are you’ll have someone wide open and if not huck it away and still have a pretty reasonable (guess not though) FG.

With Williams on tape, I think we may see some snaps for the other 3 former QBs we have playing WR.

Reaction Score
I don't get the negativity. I think this program will be fine over the haul. We don't have to win right now to improve. Yesterday just reaffirmed my belief of that.

At some point we will have to win, but this program is in a better place now.
Difficult to be positive when you lose at home to one of the worse teams in the country. The defense for the first three quarters at least, was atrocious.

Reaction Score
The play call on 2nd down at the end of the game was poor. Throw into the end zone for the win. Had it been incomplete still time for another quick throw. Then 4th down kick--using the one time out we had. Instead we throw into the flat--and despite trying-- Donaldson does not get OB and clock runs forcing our hand to let clock run to 6 sec, call time out, and kick.
Poor play call and clock mgmt. The game was there for the taking to complete a strong comeback. Think about how different the narrative would be today.

Reaction Score
Instead we throw into the flat--and despite trying-- Donaldson does not get OB and clock runs forcing our hand to let clock run to 6 sec, call time out, and kick .

Reaction Score
The play call on 2nd down at the end of the game was poor. Throw into the end zone for the win. Had it been incomplete still time for another quick throw.

Yeah, remember when we tried that against Army at Yankee Stadium?

No playcall is too good for UConn football to screw up.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I mean if the ref wants to rule forward progress had been stopped (debatable) then blow the whistle don’t leave the world guessing. Also, if the play was dead, how about a personal foul on the guy diving in?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With Williams on tape, I think we may see some snaps for the other 3 former QBs we have playing WR.

I saw Tyler Davis get some action at H-back yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw the next trick pass. Who else, Dixon?

Reaction Score
We are getting better and will continue to get better. I have no doubt. That is a hallmark of an Edsall season. I'd rather be in this position with an offense that can give us a fighting chance rather than fighting battles of attrition and relying on improbable scoring at the end to carry the day. We had a chance ...a very good chance... to come out on top yesterday. We just need to continue to get better at making plays (including the kicker). The D just simply has to improve. I believe Edsall will be very focused on that and will mandate changes as necessary to get it to a functioning level. That will include different personnel and looks as needed to get up to a credible level of defense. It generally easier to fix a defense than an offense (as we have seen over 7 years of trying to fix the O). Looking forward to seeing what happens with SMU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom