Discuss | The Boneyard

Discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If true, it means UConn's quiver is empty and they just threw the bow.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Let's for the sake of argument assume this is true (which I'm not sure I buy, because ESPN I believe would much rather add us to the ACC). If it's true, I would guess that it would come as a package deal with one other team, the most likely of which would be Cincinnati. That would be extremely good for us from an exposure perspective as well as a money perspective. Our basketball team would immediately be thrown back in with higher level teams like Kansas, etc. We would struggle to get above 0.500 in football, but we would certainly have exciting matchups at the Rent.

However, on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of how much valid stock I would put into this report, I would say it's a 2...

Reaction Score
When I first heard Maryland and Rutgers to the B1G - I thought it was pure fantasy.

I can buy that CT Government is putting pressure on ESPN, but I really doubt ESPN is putting pressure on B12. It's just not a realistic fit unless RU was still available and the two of us were going to the B12. If anything ESPN would simply request ACC to go to 15 or 16.

Ideally I would love if someway a deal can be worked out where Cincy and UL go to the Big 12 and UConn goes to the ACC. Everyone except USF and FSU would be happy. Oh and BC - LOL!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Scroll further down to this post:

B12 Commish talking to ex-Big East Catholic BBallers

From UT athletic department insider:

Big 12 is making a push to boost revenue by adding the Big East Catholic BBall schools, plus UCONN & Cincinnati for all sports.

Dodds and Castiglione are fighting against UCONN and Cincinnati in an effort to keep the number of football schools at 10, and thus avoid a championship game.

Kansas, Iowa State and K-State are nuts about the idea due to BBall revenue and visability.

She tells me that UT is not eager to bring in FSU, Miami, VA or GT too but they are still on the table because it would result in two 8-team football divisions, meaning UT will be able to schedule 4 non-conference games, and keep a series with ND. She says a lot of negative talk came from Big 12 beating itself down to multiple 7-5 teams because we only have 3 non-conference games now.

Dodds is heavily in favor of just adding the BBall teams with no extra football teams, unless ND sees the change as reason to reconsider moving to the ACC.​

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Can't see it happening. That would be BE II but who knows.

Reaction Score
The smart play for a while now has been to drum up interest from the big 12. Even if nothing materializes, its worth kicking the tires on. We are the acc's booty call and the northeast teams and Miami don't want us in. The sceneraio with us and three acc teams would be fine for me, especially if one of the teams is Pitt.

Reaction Score
Lol at Catholic craziness.

Is it the same poster who made the earlier comment?

This would actually be smart for UConn to leverage the B12, but the Catholic stuff means this is nonsense.

Oh, and Baylor football should not be knocking UConn football culture and fans, since UConn beat Baylor in some of Baylor's good years and Robert Griffin said the football culture up at UConn was alive and well.

Reaction Score
Oh, and Baylor football should not be knocking UConn football culture and fans, since UConn beat Baylor in some of Baylor's good years and Robert Griffin said the football culture up at UConn was alive and well.
VERY short memories.

Reaction Score
My view

1. The initiator of the thead obviously isn't aware that espn does nothing but treat uconn like a read headed step child twice removed. So the fact the initiator is stating uconn would be looking to espn for any support is utter horse sh@7
2. Actually this would be good for the big 12 to actually add an academic school from the ne just for the TV viewers game that seems to be played now. We would easily be the highest academic school and best hoops school in the conference.

Reaction Score
Lol at Catholic craziness.

Is it the same poster who made the earlier comment?

This would actually be smart for UConn to leverage the B12, but the Catholic stuff means this is nonsense.

The first poster said they knew an espn insider. The catholic poster said they knew a UT insider.

Reaction Score
I would throw myself at the B12 like a Bangkok whore. If they just want UConn basketball that's fine. If they are willing to also add our football - even better.

I actually think the B12 would do well to add a few weak teams so that the heavyweights can get a few more victories. The conference is ultra competitive at the moment. They need a few whipping boys.

Reaction Score
I would throw myself at the B12 like a Bangkok whore.

LOL!!!

If they just want UConn basketball that's fine. If they are willing to also add our football - even better.

I actually think the B12 would do well to add a few weak teams so that the heavyweights can get a few more victories. The conference is ultra competitive at the moment. They need a few whipping boys.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The first poster said they knew an espn insider. The catholic poster said they knew a UT insider.
Exactly! But is he or she credible?

Reaction Score
Exactly! But is he or she credible?

Since it is one of the very few times I have heard we are doing SOMETHING behind the scenes I choose to delude myself on the first one.
Actually, a Baylor fan doesnt really have a horse in the race so to speak so I pay attention to this more than if a uconn fan posted it...

Reaction Score
Since it is one of the very few times I have heard we are doing SOMETHING behind the scenes I choose to delude myself on the first one.
Actually, a Baylor fan doesnt really have a horse in the race so to speak so I pay attention to this more than if a uconn fan posted it...

Furthermore we know that UConn tried to contact Bill Clinton to get to Shalala, so UConn seems inclined to use political channels. Also SH is a smart cookie and knows that CR could kill her legacy at the University. She won't let that happen.

Reaction Score

it's a poster with 2 posts

Reaction Score
She wont let that happen without a fight is more like it, but remember her comments about not bussing our athletes to Iowa ? How stupid do those sound right about now?

Reaction Score
She wont let that happen without a fight is more like it, but remember her comments about not bussing our athletes to Iowa ? How stupid do those sound right about now?

I'm sure now she's ready to send our athletes on horse carriage if that's the only way to get there.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This would be interesting. UConn can deliver a portion of NYC and Boston to whatever conference they are in and if in the B12, a conference with presence in NYC, Boston, Dallas (all over Texas really), and St Louis would be very strong to the TV dollar.

Reaction Score
it's a poster with 2 posts

Then whoever it was really thought they had something to say and wanted to say it.
Didnt that WV tweeter alude to talks between uconn and big 12 also?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is one of those threads i read a while ago and never mentioned over here. if crazy ole hfd doesn't mention it, i think u all are safe to move on.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
This would be interesting. UConn can deliver a portion of NYC and Boston to whatever conference they are in and if in the B12, a conference with presence in NYC, Boston, Dallas (all over Texas really), and St Louis would be very strong to the TV dollar.

St. Louis? Missouri is in the SEC, so the Big 12 no longer has a presence in the St. Louis market. They do get the KC market with Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom