Disciplined Process | The Boneyard

Disciplined Process

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Kudos to AD David Benedict and UConn staff on staying on point and staying out of the rumor mill.

Everyone has known since KO was fired that Hurley was #1 target. Some people, myself included, believe this process started around Christmas time.

Over the past week rumors leaked out about Pitt's pay level, Sean Miller being a candidate, URI upping their salary, URI upping benefits, facilities, etc.

UConn? Not much other than they were confident and had upped their package as negotiations we're ongoing.

That's too notch message setting and hopefully sends a message to coaches, boosters and administrators that UConn still can get it done.

Reaction Score
I fully expected this to not go our way, as not much has since the last national title.

With that I have to give Benedict huge props for getting his #1. Target.

Hopefully DH is meeting with the players today getting buy-in from them sometime today. Adams and Vital are a decent 1-2, punch to start building toward next year. The overall talent was better than the record for sure.

Reaction Score
Kudos to AD David Benedict and UConn staff on staying on point and staying out of the rumor mill.

Everyone has known since KO was fired that Hurley was #1 target. Some people, myself included, believe this process started around Christmas time.

Over the past week rumors leaked out about Pitt's pay level, Sean Miller being a candidate, URI upping their salary, URI upping benefits, facilities, etc.

UConn? Not much other than they were confident and had upped their package as negotiations we're ongoing.

That's too notch message setting and hopefully sends a message to coaches, boosters and administrators that UConn still can get it done.

Agreed. I've been critical of the AD for agreeing to the Ollie contract renewal and have been concerned he'd pull a Manuel and make a "safe" hire like Frank Martin, but it looks as if he did a good job on this process. Maybe a great job if he didn't blow the manner in which he terminated Kevin Ollie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom