DIRECTV Problems | The Boneyard

DIRECTV Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I made the switch from cable to Directv back in October and have been having problems with an error message in my two rooms that don't have the HD DVR hooked up to them.

I get a "DEN has been disconnected from the home network . The playlist is no longer available". If you are watching a recorded show when this happens, it freezes the show or starts the show over from the beginning.

I've had two different sets of technicians come out here and they've done a bunch of checking connections, re-locating splitters, power supplies and updating software, but it's obviously not fixed.

Nothing special about my house. It's got great, clean views of the sky in all directions, plenty of my neighbors have satellite without issues. Inside the house nothing sticks out as far as configurations that would cause issues.

I had the phone operator raise the issue to a Case Management Level (whatever that is) because that's a requirement in order to get cancellation fees waived.

I'm really indifferent to the cable/satellite battle. Cox cable had worked great for me in both Florida and Virginia. It was their prices that were pissing me off.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'm guessing you got either a genie and a couple of clients, or a bunch of DVR's? Happen to know if they've replaced the LNB (the part on the end of the dish arm), or the SWM unit (multiswitch). Those are the 2 main components in the usual networking setup.

http://www.satelliteguys.us might be a good place to ask...

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I made the switch from cable to Directv back in October and have been having problems with an error message in my two rooms that don't have the HD DVR hooked up to them.

I get a "DEN has been disconnected from the home network . The playlist is no longer available". If you are watching a recorded show when this happens, it freezes the show or starts the show over from the beginning.

I've had two different sets of technicians come out here and they've done a bunch of checking connections, re-locating splitters, power supplies and updating software, but it's obviously not fixed.

Nothing special about my house. It's got great, clean views of the sky in all directions, plenty of my neighbors have satellite without issues. Inside the house nothing sticks out as far as configurations that would cause issues.

I had the phone operator raise the issue to a Case Management Level (whatever that is) because that's a requirement in order to get cancellation fees waived.

I'm really indifferent to the cable/satellite battle. Cox cable had worked great for me in both Florida and Virginia. It was their prices that were pissing me off.

I had the same issue last week. Thy came in, did all the same stuff as they did for you and wound up replacing one of my DVR's. So far, so good except that i lost about a dozen mens and womens games that I had recorded. Just make sure they give you a comparable DVR, the repair guy tried to install an older model. I had to put the kibosh on that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thanks for the help, but Directv is getting shitttcanned on Friday.

They came by and upgraded the software load, changed out the DVR, all the receiver and moved the power supply.

Same problem. Essentially the wi-fi signal is getting lost to the DVR and it's freezing up any recorded show and giving an error message.

I cancelled after less than three months. Back to Cox Cable. I've never had any problems with Cox's service in either Virginia Beach or Pensacola. I only got rid of it because their prices were getting ridiculous. I got us on a good bundle plan that isn't much more than what we were paying for Directv plus internet from Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom