Dire predictions from local press | The Boneyard

Dire predictions from local press

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Reference media links: Borges states that AAC may be one bid league. Dom says that if UConn gets a lot of wins in the AAC they could be in line for a 13 or 14 seed,
Yuk!

Reaction Score
Reference media links: Borges states that AAC may be one bid league. Dom says that if UConn gets a lot of wins in the AAC they could be in line for a 13 or 14 seed,
Yuk!

Huh?

Do these guys follow college basketball at all?

How does a UConn team with a lot of wins (does he mean UConn finished like 25-6?) get a 13 or 14th seed?

Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati's next 2 games will go a long way in determining their fate. In this league recovering from an 0-3 start to make the tournament will be very hard. Taking into consideration their OOC.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
champs99and04 said:
I'm going to say that Dom has no idea what he's talking about. The AAC likely gets two bids.

Is that supposed to make us feel better? :)

Reaction Score
Just read the Borges and Amore articles. I was surprised by how negative they both were, but I guess its hard to have a positive outlook of the AAC when its conference RPI is worse than the Colonial. It did make me scratch my head when Dom mentioned we would be a 13-14 seed because that means we would be about the 52nd ranked team in the field? Its just a shame because obviously every team controls their own destiny, but once again the AAC is viewed as a bad league based on the fact that the teams lack signature OOC wins. Last year, some Big East teams racked up some nice wins out of conference and everybody was in love with them. Yes, playing USF, Tulane, and East Carolina is a drag on the RPI, but like Borges mentioned, the top teams in the AAC do not have many big wins out of conference

Reaction Score
Just win. Team won't be denied if they are a legit contender. I believe they are near a top ten team this year but need time together to work it out. I was speculative they might lose in Atlantis because there are new, important pieces. One win at a time. Dom writes for the Husky's because he is paid to. I get the feeling it's not his passion at all. Mike Anthony was much better and I miss his input. It took Dom years to spell the kids names correctly which indicates lack of interest. Heck, his name might be Don but he hasn't got that figured out yet either.

Reaction Score
Just read the Borges and Amore articles. I was surprised by how negative they both were, but I guess its hard to have a positive outlook of the AAC when its conference RPI is worse than the Colonial. It did make me scratch my head when Dom mentioned we would be a 13-14 seed because that means we would be about the 52nd ranked team in the field? Its just a shame because obviously every team controls their own destiny, but once again the AAC is viewed as a bad league based on the fact that the teams lack signature OOC wins. Last year, some Big East teams racked up some nice wins out of conference and everybody was in love with them. Yes, playing USF, Tulane, and East Carolina is a drag on the RPI, but like Borges mentioned, the top teams in the AAC do not have many big wins out of conference

I agree with everything here but USF has one of the strongest SOS in the country.

Reaction Score
The last at larges are usually 11 and 12 seeds playing in Dayton. The 13s and 14s are conference champions from weak one-bid leagues. If we are to be a 13 or 14, we will have to have a bad year but win the tournament.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Us and Cincinnati are the only two with room for error to make the dance. Conference RPI will dictate seeding moreso than how many teams get in. If Cincy and us are in the T25, we'll be in there. But that 10+ seed seems really reasonable considering how atrocious our conference is performing this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's really structurally impossible for UConn to make the tournament and be a 13 or 14 seed. If they really said that, it's either hyperbole or pretty damn stupid.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lots of people saying Amore and Borges don't know what they are talking about. They certainly may be exaggerating a bit but ask yourself this, has the AAC met or even exceeded your expectations in the context of this discussion at any point in its existence? To me it has always produced results below what everyone was expecting in terms of RPI, respect, and especially seeding. Look at SMU last year, everyone was expecting much more seeding wise but they were disappointed massively.

I'm not saying we will get shafted, but I'm not holding my breath for any pro-UConn news or bias on selection Sunday's while we are in this league.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Huh?

Do these guys follow college basketball at all?

How does a UConn team with a lot of wins (does he mean UConn finished like 25-6?) get a 13 or 14th seed?

Makes no sense.
Was thinking the same thing. A lot of wins? LOL wtf.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't care what two idiotic desk jockeys have to say
neither are MCBB experts by any means and both love to look for attention.
As long as UConn is invited to the dance - they will dance whatever card they are dealt with at the time
You don't win 4 titles in 15 years by worrying what some two bit writers put on paper
Take care of business and things will fall into place.
Happy New Year

Reaction Score
Just to beat a dead horse some of us have been commenting on......we can't control our AAC games, we can only control OOC. While 7 of our non-conf games look pretty good the other 6 are so lame it hurts us just to schedule them. M

Reaction Score
We just need to do well in our conference. 50% will not do. No math needed or back door Tournament entry. This is our 3rd year in conference and its time we produce either in season and/or conference Tourney.

It doesn't matter what beat writers predict, let the team determine its fate on the Court. We've reloaded, not rebuilt, so we shall remain elite. No more excuses, wtf losses or moral victories (good losses). In this conference we don't have that luxury any longer. On paper this team should accomplish big things in conference and reach its goal. Also this is a 2nd half season team with the new components.

Anyway we just need to win all of our home games and get road wins against all 'bad/mediacore' teams. If we can't do that then we deserve all of the skepticism and bubble talk come March, even if here on the Yard.

Reaction Score
Lots of people saying Amore and Borges don't know what they are talking about. They certainly may be exaggerating a bit but ask yourself this, has the AAC met or even exceeded your expectations in the context of this discussion at any point in its existence? To me it has always produced results below what everyone was expecting in terms of RPI, respect, and especially seeding. Look at SMU last year, everyone was expecting much more seeding wise but they were disappointed massively.

I'm not saying we will get shafted, but I'm not holding my breath for any pro-UConn news or bias on selection Sunday's while we are in this league.

I think there is a big difference between what Amore and Borges said. What Amore said is completely unreasonable and disconnected from reality. What Borges said is unlikely, though not out of the realm of possibility. If a team like Cincinnati continues to self-destruct, then yes, it's possible that the AAC would only get one bid with SMU ineligible.

Reaction Score
Say what you want about the AAC, but KenPom has it ranked 7th overall behind the power 5 and the big east. Besides that, USF if the only team in KenPom ranked 200+. 10 of our 18 conference games will be against top 100 teams (11 top 100 games left including Gtown). Plenty of opportunities to boost the tourney resume and get a top 6 or 7 seed.

Just pure speculation but I think 14-4 in conference, 10-3 OOC gets us a 6 or 7 seed in the tourney. Win the conference tourney and I think we jump to a 5 seed. Realistic, IMO.

Reaction Score
Yuk!

You have to feel sorry for that 3 or 4 seed who gets UConn in the opening round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom