OT: Dinosaur BBQ coming to SW CT | The Boneyard

OT: Dinosaur BBQ coming to SW CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can Dreamland get an outpost up here? It would sure beat paying $8.00 per jar to ship their sauce to my house.

Reaction Score
Funny....I was just watching Man Vs. Food and Dinosaur BBQ was on! Looked so good I'm making it a pit stop on my way to Canada for a fishing trip!
I take it that it's worth the stop???

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shoot. I thought it was South Windsor.

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing regarding South Windsor but there is no way something like that would be going there...

Reaction Score
Funny....I was just watching Man Vs. Food and Dinosaur BBQ was on! Looked so good I'm making it a pit stop on my way to Canada for a fishing trip!
I take it that it's worth the stop???

Definitely worth a stop...if you are big into fishing...about 30 mins north of Syracuse (Pulaski) is Salmon Mecca right now in the east.

Video taken a few weeks ago after the first cold front of the season came through
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOiIoO7VtQg&feature=related

Youtube on the Man vs Food episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7a5QwSMwo

Reaction Score
From people that know their BBQ in the Carolinas, they said Dinosaur rivals anything they've ever tasted down there. Took them to the Rochester one.

That said, I think Blue Smoke is still the best I've had: NYC!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If it's near Fairway, I think my lunch habits will be changing in a year.
It will be very close to Fairway BL.

Excalibur, what is Dreamland? PM me some info on them & I'll see if I can get the ball rolling on getting one of their franchises in the same complex.

Reaction Score
Can Dreamland get an outpost up here? It would sure beat paying $8.00 per jar to ship their sauce to my house.
Went to Dreamland in Birmingham when UConn was there in NCAA. It sucked they were overwhelmed and served barely done ribs Worst I have ever had

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing regarding South Windsor but there is no way something like that would be going there...
Dinosaur started in Syracuse, so that's really saying something about South Windsor. Whether it's critical of the former or the latter is less clear. ;)

Reaction Score
Dinosaur started in Syracuse, so that's really saying something about South Windsor. Whether it's critical of the former or the latter is less clear. ;)

Dinosaur's clientele typically consists of regular city folk and bikers. It's a biker restaurant. You want to work there? Better have tattoos up and down your arm. I have never been to the NYC Dinosaur, but that's what the other two feel like.

Sitting in the bar gives you the real feel of a honky-tonk.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I wish it was South Windsor too. Oh well going to be making a lot of 90 minute drives for dinner.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Dinosaur's clientele typically consists of regular city folk and bikers. It's a biker restaurant. You want to work there? Better have tattoos up and down your arm. I have never been to the NYC Dinosaur, but that's what the other two feel like.

This is interesting. They are landing in a spot that is being developed as a yuppie heaven.

The bikers that the developers are expecting are supposed to look something like this:
CYCLE-02.jpg

Reaction Score

Not what I would call your typical "biker" bar. More of an upscale, well to do, M-F White collar professional biker bar. You are not going to find Hell's Angels and Outlaws hanging at Dinosaur. Patron far more likely to be carrying an iphone than a weapon.

Reaction Score
true, now there might actually be a reason to visit CT. J/K!

Reaction Score
Not what I would call your typical "biker" bar. More of an upscale, well to do, M-F White collar professional biker bar. You are not going to find Hell's Angels and Outlaws hanging at Dinosaur. Patron far more likely to be carrying an iphone than a weapon.
is that bad? i just want to eat a pulled pork sandwich, some bbq beans, some tomato-cucumber salad, and not worry about getting shivved if i step on the wrong guys foot.

Reaction Score

No gang members, yeah. But still lots of bikers. White collar bikers? No. Look at the article I linked to. Look at the people being interviewed eating ribs. Those are the people I run into there all the time. We've got biker bars all over downtown Buffalo and Rochester. I don't see Hell's Angels or gang members there. They're just bikers.

large_052009dinowins.JPG

Those two drinking beers are called the customers. That makes sense to me. Don't look white collar. Looks like the crowd I run into up at Artpark in Lewiston for free concerts.

The wait staff though needs to be rough.

Reaction Score
is that bad? i just want to eat a pulled pork sandwich, some bbq beans, some tomato-cucumber salad, and not worry about getting shivved if i step on the wrong guys foot.

Not at all! Just saying not a dangerous place to go. When I lived in Corpus Christi a biker bar meant an Outlaw hangout. They were places to be avoided. Dinosaur is definitely not a place to be avoided.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We stopped at the Syracuse joint on the way back from the International Bowl. We pretty much ate every crumb. Place smelled great.

Reaction Score
We stopped at the Syracuse joint on the way back from the International Bowl. We pretty much ate every crumb. Place smelled great.

First time I went there I was on a sales call in downtown Syracuse. Could smell the bbq as soon as i got out of the car. After my appointment it was a quick walk to where the smell was coming from. Tremendous food!

Reaction Score
Chester's in Groton has real BBQ and I've been to Memphis and Kansas City. Worth a visit if you're in the area

Reaction Score
Favorite place is Jack Stack in KC. Great all around food, the burst ends KC is famous for are great and they have their special side with creamy corn that is as good as anything you'll eat.

I decided after downing 1/2 a super size fried platter w/whole bellies @ Lenny & Joe's that that would be my last meal followed closely by good BBQ and a trip to Gibson's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom