DING-DONG! Package from Bolingbrook, Illinois! Sign here! | The Boneyard

DING-DONG! Package from Bolingbrook, Illinois! Sign here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was surprised that the USPS driver just rang my doorbell, cause those lazy guys never do, unlike UPS or FedEx. Oh, he needs a signature - that explains it.

On the side of the huge cardboard box: BOLINGBROOK, ILLINOIS

OMIGOD! My favorite frosh is stopping by my house on her way to Storrs! Morgan Tuck! A recruit who cares enough about the fans to commit a year before signing, sparing innumerable heart stoppages!

So, 30 seconds after getting to work with my trusty box cutter, I find ... nothing but rubber floor mats. D'oh!

Reaction Score
I got a package today too! Mine was from Goodwill - Middle Tenn....I had ordered a used copy of "Geno In Pursuit of Perfection".

When I ordered it on Amazon, I did not pay attention to who the shipper was. The "used" book is in mint condition the spine of the book has not even been cracked.....guess the previous owner (from Tenn) was not interested in reading Geno's book.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I got a package today too! Mine was from Goodwill - Middle Tenn....I had ordered a used copy of "Geno In Pursuit of Perfection".

When I ordered it on Amazon, I did not pay attention to who the shipper was. The "used" book is in mint condition the spine of the book has not even been cracked.....guess the previous owner (from Tenn) was not interested in reading Geno's book.
Most likely they bought a new sofa and no longer needed it under the one leg.

Reaction Score
I take offense when u say "those lazy guys". I'm a mail carrier and I do my job correctly..

Reaction Score
I take offense when u say "those lazy guys". I'm a mail carrier and I do my job correctly..
Sorry to offend you, effendi!

For 10 years I lived in the location in Westport I just moved from. I've had US Postal Service workers leave packages for me in a freakin' laundry room, for God's sakes. Also had packages left for me in a carport I never used, but the most frequent annoying thing was to have packages left on a porch in the rain, no doorbell rung. Precisely one USPS package deliverer, a young, personable Afro-American gal ever rang my doorbell, for which I thanked her profusely.

UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other companies always ring the doorbell.

Reaction Score
Most likely they bought a new sofa and no longer needed it under the one leg.
I guess that is how the cover had the small crease, must have got caught on the sofa leg.....lol

I'm on page 281 and there are only 319 pages in the book....it has been a great walk down memory lane.
My boss introduced me to UConn womens bball in 1988, his daughter was a cheerleader for the womens team.....and his exact words to me were "something magical is happening with that team". He hounded me until I started to get interested in the team. Then in 1990 my daughter meet Rebecca and began a friendship with Rebecca as her mentor. And then my daughter had Mrs Lobo as her guidance counselor. This book has brought back so many memories.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
What can Brown do for me?

Um, deliver on Saturdays.

How about leaving packages at the nearby UPS store rather than the distant delivery facility.

Rant over. :)

Reaction Score
What can Brown do for me?
Um, deliver on Saturdays.
How about leaving packages at the nearby UPS store rather than the distant delivery facility. Rant over. :)
Is Jerry Brown still Governor of California, or has he been demoted to Postmaster General?

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Is Jerry Brown still Governor of California, or has he been demoted to Postmaster General?

I thought the Postmaster General was Kevin Costner:)

Reaction Score
Sorry to offend you, effendi!

For 10 years I lived in the location in Westport I just moved from. I've had US Postal Service workers leave packages for me in a freakin' laundry room, for God's sakes. Also had packages left for me in a carport I never used, but the most frequent annoying thing was to have packages left on a porch in the rain, no doorbell rung. Precisely one USPS package deliverer, a young, personable Afro-American gal ever rang my doorbell, for which I thanked her profusely.

UPS, FedEx, DHL, and other companies always ring the doorbell.

for what those companies charge to ship packages they should hand deliver with a bow on top. usps is as quick, and at a fraction of the cost. i sell on ebay, and wouldn't ship any other way but usps.

Reaction Score
for what those companies charge to ship packages they should hand deliver with a bow on top. usps is as quick, and at a fraction of the cost. i sell on ebay, and wouldn't ship any other way but usps.
For books, yes. It seems the USA is the only country on the planet that gives books (now expanded to media) special favorable rates. Cheap rates may solve your problem, but the customer pays the piper. I am on the receiving end of innumerable eBay transactions, and I could burn your eardrums with stories of my displeasure with their delivery. I have no difficulty understanding why the USPS is going out of business.

I don't care to use this forum for a book-length rant on the absolute incompetence of the USPS and the stunning sloppiness of their habits, but here's one: minutes ago I got back from picking up today's mail, walking past a foot-wide, 25-foot-long trench in my lawn made a month ago by a USPS mail truck, whose driver was too lazy to walk from the street to my next-door neighbor's porch (about 30 feet) with a small package. Even though there was no impediment to staying completely on pavement, he felt compelled to drive with one wheel on the grass, tearing the out of my lawn.

My blood pressure is rising. End of abbreviated rant.

Reaction Score
For books, yes. It seems the USA is the only country on the planet that gives books (now expanded to media) special favorable rates. Cheap rates may solve your problem, but the customer pays the piper. I am on the receiving end of innumerable eBay transactions, and I could burn your eardrums with stories of my displeasure with their delivery. I have no difficulty understanding why the USPS is going out of business.

I don't care to use this forum for a book-length rant on the absolute incompetence of the USPS and the stunning sloppiness of their habits, but here's one: minutes ago I got back from picking up today's mail, walking past a foot-wide, 25-foot-long trench in my lawn made a month ago by a USPS mail truck, whose driver was too lazy to walk from the street to my next-door neighbor's porch (about 30 feet) with a small package. Even though there was no impediment to staying completely on pavement, he felt compelled to drive with one wheel on the grass, tearing the out of my lawn.

My blood pressure is rising. End of abbreviated rant.

not cheap rates-fair rates, on all sorts of packages. ups, fed ex,etc gouge the hell out of customers. for example, i send many, many gift packages to children, grandchildren, by priority mail. fair rates and two-day delivery. never a problem. ups and fedex can't compete with the price, and are no quicker or more efficient. i am a great supporter of usps. sorry about your lawn. end of rant.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I with you, boon, I have never had a problem with the USPS. They deliver it clean and cheap. Big Brown and FedEx are fine but 80% of the time I use USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom