DiMauro at it again… | The Boneyard

DiMauro at it again…

Reaction Score
To call this article cherry picking the facts to support his tired narrative (bash UConn whenever possible) would be putting it mildly…

Discuss.

Reaction Score
His point about why Edsall left the first time is partially correct. Hathaway was a tool bag of an AD. Collected bonuses for not investing in the AD and the assistant coaches pool. Horrible fundraiser. Total
Peter principled

However The reality is that the entire university’s dysfunctional. Since we’ve gone 1A there’s been five presidents and four ADs or something like that. No stability. No consistent vision. Leading to this hot mess that was in its infancy and needed leadership

UConn business school should write this case up as what not to do in creating a resilient enterprise

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just read the article. Plenty of reminders about how screwed up our Admin department is.
This ain't all on Edsall folks. And he'd getting slammed really hard. The losing does such, but, geesh, the Admin doesn't give our HC a fighting chance the 1st time around, then they play like they know what they're doing with 2 lane duck hured, only to put the program in the worst condition (facilities now on place unlike Edsall's 1st go round).

This is what I mean I said we take bits and pieces without taking into account a situation in its entirety. And social media is great at taking advantage of the negativity.

Sucks when stuff like this hits home...

Reaction Score
We need to send a beered up mob of Yarders with torches and pitchforks to the Admissions Department. But wait, doesn't Admissions answer to the President and the President to the BOT? So we need 3 drunken mobs?

Reaction Score
We need to send a beered up mob of Yarders with torches and pitchforks to the Admissions Department. But wait, doesn't Admissions answer to the President and the President to the BOT? So we need 3 drunken mobs?
I volunteer to be a member of all three of them

Reaction Score
Not to mention all the many other schools with high academic standards that seem not to be the focus of this article.
They should be able to share the blame like mature adults. But in today's world, everything is strictly someone else's fault.

Reaction Score
His point about why Edsall left the first time is partially correct. Hathaway was a tool bag of an AD. Collected bonuses for not investing in the AD and the assistant coaches pool. Horrible fundraiser. Total
Peter principled

However The reality is that the entire university’s dysfunctional. Since we’ve gone 1A there’s been five presidents and four ADs or something like that. No stability. No consistent vision. Leading to this hot mess that was in its infancy and needed leadership

UConn business school should write this case up as what not to do in creating a resilient enterprise
This is super on point. The entire university is aimless, has no vision or stability. She didn’t know a hockey puck from a football, but at least she tried to layout a direction. We need somebody that has the nuts and vision to drag this school into its rightful place as a National university competing in all aspects - research, sports, and academics.

Reaction Score
I don’t care what happened In 2011. I like Randy Edsall and the team’s performance for the first two games of this year in addition to his actions on Monday, suggest that he flat out quit. He owed it to the team to finish out this season. There was no identified replacement for him. When he walked away from the team and his son with ten games left, that’s all I needed to see.

I don’t care a lick about 2011 admissions criteria. He got his money and ego boost At Maryland. Is this reporter also forgetting that Edsall made sure that his name got out there regarding his interest in replacing Weis at Notre Dame after the monumental win there?

There is a lot of revisionist history in this piece. Time to move forward.

Reaction Score
I don’t care what happened In 2011. I like Randy Edsall and the team’s performance for the first two games of this year in addition to his actions on Monday, suggest that he flat out quit. He owed it to the team to finish out this season. There was no identified replacement for him. When he walked away from the team and his son with ten games left, that’s all I needed to see.

I don’t care a lick about 2011 admissions criteria. He got his money and ego boost At Maryland. Is this reporter also forgetting that Edsall made sure that his name got out there regarding his interest in replacing Weis at Notre Dame after the monumental win there?

There is a lot of revisionist history in this piece. Time to move forward.
Walked away???? You really believe that? It looks more like him being forced out. It looks as though he wanted to leave at season's end (on his terms), but the powers that be said no to that and out now

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom