Dillon Stadium | The Boneyard

Dillon Stadium

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The delays came from more needed work that was only discovered after construction began. I still don't understand the gloating.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The delays came from more needed work that was only discovered after construction began. I still don't understand the gloating.

Overall not a big deal, but how were soil samples and site surveying not properly done as part of the bid and contract?

Seems odd. This wasn't some far out of the way area or heavily toxic/contaminated site.

Reaction Score
There’s always unknowns in construction. Whether construction or redevelopment. Then ... labor markets and construction firms seemed to be fully engaged from mid 2017 through the end of 2018. Costs are up. Things have slowed of late.

TJT

Reaction Score
Dillon will become the fourth sports and entertainment complex in greater Hartford paid for on the backs of taxpayers that will not be profitable and not generate all the new development that was promised. XL Center, Rentschler Field, Dunkin Donuts Park, and Dillon Stadium. When will this madness end? The state and City of Hartford have severe budget issues. Given that, how can they all be justified in these times?

When It Comes To Taxes, We're Almost No. 1 Connecticut

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Place has been there for 80 years (?), and they are just now finding out that is is sloped by 1'. And spending $$$$$$$$$$$millions.

Reaction Score
Not a success for the Hartford taxpayers that picked up the entire $70M tab.
It will be over the next 40 years. More than pay for itself. And in the meantime, instead of empty lots, the city improved the quality of life bigly.

Reaction Score
Place has been there for 80 years (?), and they are just now finding out that is is sloped by 1'. And spending $$$$$$$$$$$millions.
Wrong again. It had to do with the sizes of the buried concrete footings. The once inch had nothing to do with nothing.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They said on TV the Whole Field was off by 1 foot. Not just pilings.
Whatever. You soccer nuts get to meander around an empty Rent the first couple of games. Sorta like November Husky football. (American)

Reaction Score
Wrong again. It had to do with the sizes of the buried concrete footings. The once inch had nothing to do with nothing.

Not 1", they said 1' (foot!!!!!!!!!!) on tv last night.

Reaction Score
Not 1", they said 1' (foot!!!!!!!!!!) on tv last night.
As in 11” more than 1”? C’mon, how could a 1” slope be any different than a 1’ slope? Does the pitch field <six> downhill to the CT river? ;)

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Dillon will become the fourth sports and entertainment complex in greater Hartford paid for on the backs of taxpayers that will not be profitable and not generate all the new development that was promised. XL Center, Rentschler Field, Dunkin Donuts Park, and Dillon Stadium. When will this madness end? The state and City of Hartford have severe budget issues. Given that, how can they all be justified in these times?

When It Comes To Taxes, We're Almost No. 1 Connecticut
Simple; just go to the State for a bailout like the $50 mil they're getting for the next 20 years. You don't have to pay for it; just charge it to the State.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Simple; just go to the State for a bailout like the $50 mil they're getting for the next 20 years. You don't have to pay for it; just charge it to the State.

I agree, there should be regional everything instead, especially education funding.

(watch the yuppies scream, I love it)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When I went to concerts there I never noticed the slope
Then I again I didn't notice much of anything in those days

I used to go to soccer matches there in the 60s and seemed all right to me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104