Dillon Jones, SF from South Carolina | The Boneyard

Dillon Jones, SF from South Carolina

Reaction Score
Saw a tall, strong looking, young man wearing UConn basketball shorts at a gate in the Atlanta Airport this afternoon. Turned out to be 6'6" and 220 pound Dillon Jones of South Carolina, who has offers (per 247) from South Carolina, Charlotte, Charleston among others. When I asked if he was a UConn recruit he quietly laughed and said no and that he was going to Kansas. No time to ask what that meant as he was in the boarding line for a flight to Wichita. No mention of KU in his profile, nor Wichita St., but who knows what it all means. It was just interesting to me that he was wearing shorts with UCONN down one side and the interlocked UC on the other side while we're apparently not recruiting him. Maybe he's just a UConn fan, men's or women's?

Reaction Score
It was just interesting to me that he was wearing shorts with UCONN down one side and the interlocked UC on the other side while we're apparently not recruiting him. Maybe he's just a UConn fan, men's or women's?

I'm currently wearing a sweet all-black Nike Oregon hat. I am not a fan of them in the least. Just like the hat.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We went to a high school graduation party for a neighbor's daughter a few weeks ago and one of the parents of another senior was wearing a UCLA hat. Mrs. 8893 asked him if that's where his daughter was going and he said no, they rejected her. There was an awkward silence so I explained that she had asked because of the hat he was wearing. He said his daughter bought him the hat on her visit and he liked it.

I thought it was an odd choice to wear to a graduation party, but what do I know?

Reaction Score
We went to a high school graduation party for a neighbor's daughter a few weeks ago and one of the parents of another senior was wearing a UCLA hat. Mrs. 8893 asked him if that's where his daughter was going and he said no, they rejected her. There was an awkward silence so I explained that she had asked because of the hat he was wearing. He said his daughter bought him the hat on her visit and he liked it.

I thought it was an odd choice to wear to a graduation party, but what do I know?

To be fair, the UCLA color scheme and logo is, like, way cool.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
To be fair, the UCLA color scheme and logo is, like, way cool.
I agree, but it was not the usual blue and gold color scheme: it was a charcoal hat with the light blue logo only. But it was still a pretty cool hat.

Reaction Score
I'm currently wearing a sweet all-black Nike Oregon hat. I am not a fan of them in the least. Just like the hat.

I have Nike Oregon golf shirts in every color (Volt, Green, Black) with the "O" and with the Duck love that duck... jackets too. Also many other NCAA teams which I like the looks of minus Duke, UK and a few others. Arkansas also, Nike jackets and polos love the Razorback. Oregon St because of the Beaver too. EBay good prices, brand new can't beat it. Always being asked if I went to the school I am wearing.

By the way yes UConn apparel by far more than the others.

Reaction Score
Saw a tall, strong looking, young man wearing UConn basketball shorts at a gate in the Atlanta Airport this afternoon. Turned out to be 6'6" and 220 pound Dillon Jones of South Carolina, who has offers (per 247) from South Carolina, Charlotte, Charleston among others. When I asked if he was a UConn recruit he quietly laughed and said no and that he was going to Kansas. No time to ask what that meant as he was in the boarding line for a flight to Wichita. No mention of KU in his profile, nor Wichita St., but who knows what it all means. It was just interesting to me that he was wearing shorts with UCONN down one side and the interlocked UC on the other side while we're apparently not recruiting him. Maybe he's just a UConn fan, men's or women's?
You sound like a crazy person.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He said he was going to Kansas and he boarded a plane to Wichita
He wasn't lying

Reaction Score
It must get annoying at some point being a tall black dude who doesn't play basketball.
My buddy is a 6'10 300+ lb. black guy. Every time I've been out with him he gets asked how tall he is and if he plays ball. Had a guy at a bar tell me I should be his agent and then the guy got on top of a chair to see if he could be as tall as him.

Reaction Score

Should have worn the Harvard hat.

Reaction Score
Enjoy your stay in Atlanta.

Thanks. Just changing planes on the way to Monterey for car week.

Speaking of which, everybody that has any interest in cars should do it at least once as there's something for everybody and a lot of it is low cost........except for the hotel rooms. The Pebble Beach Concours itself demands stupid money for the ticket but the Carmel Concours on the Avenue, the "Little Car Show", The Exotics show and the Concours d'Lemons are all free and most of the auctions have reasonable fees.

Reaction Score

I get your point, but it seemed a bit unusual that he has offers from a bunch of schools, UConn is not recruiting him (unless I just scooped Chief), and yet he was wearing UConn shorts on his way to the school he believes will help him achieve his long term goals. He looks like a player and is rated #5 in SC so maybe he'll be the back up to Jackson...................

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom