Diggins Tonight | The Boneyard

Diggins Tonight

Reaction Score
Doubt it will happen But I would love like 15 minutes out of diggins tonight, kind of a "throw him in the fire" type thing, if he turns it over quick a few times, so be it. Would be good for him to get some exposure handling the ball against tough pressure in a true away game. Just feels like do or die time for Gaff, at least on here lmao.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Doubt it will happen But I would love like 15 minutes out of diggins tonight, kind of a "throw him in the fire" type thing, if he turns it over quick a few times, so be it. Would be good for him to get some exposure handling the ball against tough pressure in a true away game. Just feels like do or die time for Gaff, at least on here lmao.
Appreciate you beating Syracuse last night, but focus on your own team

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Chicken = Diggins. You’re welcome:

Reaction Score
There are minutes for Gaffney and Diggins. It's a plus if they both excell.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
Remember earlier when Gaffney played like he had never had a basketball in his hand before tonight?

Is there a reason that Diggins is not playing when it’s very clear that Gaffney will only play well against inferior opponents?
Gaff is an extremely serviceable backup guard…all the hate on him makes no sense…its not his fault that hes from New Jersey

Reaction Score
He dribbles with his back the basket. Not good. He falls down while he’s dribbling often. He’s not slow and he’s not small. He shouldn’t have to dribble with his ass to the defender 25 feet away from the hoop.

Reaction Score
He dribbles with his back the basket. Not good. He falls down while he’s dribbling often. He’s not slow and he’s not small. He shouldn’t have to dribble with his ass to the defender 25 feet away from the hoop.
Yes but he's still 2nd best ball handler on the team.

Reaction Score
This thread ripping Gaffney tonight is inexplicable. I feel like he's made the classic Boneyard transition from a guy who gets praised unnecessarily early in his career to a guy who gets ripped inexplicably as he matures. Saying he was the issue tonight is crazy.

Reaction Score
Yes but he's still 2nd best ball handler on the team.
Diggins is the 2nd best ball handler on the team - I honestly don't think it's close. Gaffney is better in many other aspects of the game (maybe even all other other aspects of the game), but Gaffney is not a better ball handler than Diggins.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread ripping Gaffney tonight is inexplicable. I feel like he's made the classic Boneyard transition from a guy who gets praised unnecessarily early in his career to a guy who gets ripped inexplicably as he matures. Saying he was the issue tonight is crazy.

Ehh. He spit the bit tonight when Hurley took Cole out in the second half with a five-point lead so Cole could get some rest for the finale. Hurley gave him the keys to manage the game for 3 minutes and he was a disaster.

He had the turnover where he tripped over the floor while dribbling. He had an atrocious pass on a look ahead to Hawkins. He had a shot, not entirely his fault, as shot clock was winding down that wasn't even close.

He did have a couple of nice drives to the hoop in the first half, but he was bad and absolutely made the decision to rest Cole a mistake.

Reaction Score
Not convinced Diggins would have been the solution tonight. Having Gaffney, an experienced junior, as the backup point is a luxury not too many other teams can claim.

In close games you stay with what/who you know, it requires experience not experiments.

Reaction Score
Gaffney was not the issue last night, but it was another game that exemplified the issues he does have. He is not a serviceable backup PG against good teams, as others try to argue.

Stats vs. WVU, Auburn, MSU, & VSU: 71 minutes played, 23 total points, 5-16 FG (31%), 0-6 3PT (0%), 13-19 FT (68% -- respectable but still below his career average of 76%), 10 reb, 8 assists, 2 steals, 0 blocks, 7 TO.

Let the numbers speak for themselves. He makes headscratchingly bad decisions down the stretch and we are simply not getting enough from our junior backup PG who's playing 20mpg. The shot clock violation last night, when he and Jackson were playing "no you shoot! no you shoot instead!" late in the game, could have gotten me a noise complaint in my apartment...

Reaction Score
He is a 6-1 160 lb combo guard. he is little like doug Wiggins . but Cole Is a dude. strong, mature and ready. I never expected to see much diggins as a freshman. But, He has time to develop.

Reaction Score
He is a 6-1 160 lb combo guard. he is little like doug Wiggins . but Cole Is a dude. strong, mature and ready. I never expected to see much diggins as a freshman. But, He has time to develop.
You talking about Diggins or Cole? Diggins is about as pure a point guard as it gets.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He's still growing. 6'2" 170 at start of the season.

Anyway, I'd like to hear Hurley explain specifics on why Sool isn't seeing more minutes. I can't see it being his handle or his youth, given who we're playing now. I could understand Hurley being concerned about his shooting if he's still using a low release. But it seems like an odd situation developing given Sool's role in getting Hawkins and Johnson (and Clingan) to come here that he wouldn't already be being primed for the floor leader role when Cole leaves.

Reaction Score
Chief would love to have Doug Wiggins on this team. After he had that big game when Blaney was coaching and said after the game he felt more relaxed and comfortable than if Coach Calhoun was coaching - I knew he was finished - LOL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom