Diggins has been a leader — and jokester — since high school and is excited to finally bring his fiery personality to Storrs | The Boneyard

Diggins has been a leader — and jokester — since high school and is excited to finally bring his fiery personality to Storrs

Reaction Score
Good article from the Courant. Lots of quotes from former teammates and coaches and from Diggins himself.

“Coach Hurley, he broke it down to me. He’s one of the coaches, out of everybody that recruited me, he challenged me and I love to be challenged,” Diggins said. “That was the main part, like he didn’t make any promises. He told me I had to come in and work for it and that’s what I like. That’s what I like to do, that’s what I think I needed instead of everything being given to me.”

Free alternative access: Rahsool Diggins has been a leader — and jokester — since high school and is excited to finally bring his fiery personality to Storrs

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I don’t know how he does it, you just feel good being around him,” said fellow freshman Samson Johnson. “That boosts me up. Just being around him just makes you feel special.”
:)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Very excited to have Sool and watch him lead this program for 4 years. This incoming freshman class is truly special. I don't think they'll be 14 classes better than it when it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
A guy like Khalid comes around every other generation or so. A born leader and one who instills confidence in others. Also Khalid came in and never ceded his leadership qualities or diminished his personality to upperclassmen.

Just saying its about time!

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
There is a lot of concern about how NIL rule will hurt some colleges and help others. For UConn, I think it helps but not in the way people think. Reading articles like this confirms that.

Hurley wants to build this programs around kids like this. Kids who want to compete and become men on and off the court.

Let the Illinois and Miami’s of the world compete over the kids who just want the bag, will make any promise to land a kid and build dysfunctional programs that see a revolving door of players. You don’t build a winning program with players who only think about “what’s in it for me”.

You build a winning program with players like Diggins who want to earn it, not be given it.

I’m so pumped we got to bring this kid to campus. He seems like a winner. Can’t wait to watch him compete!

p.s. he should have plenty of college level endorsement opportunities if he takes this team to the level he wants

Reaction Score
A guy like Khalid comes around every other generation or so. A born leader and one who instills confidence in others. Also Khalid came in and never ceded his leadership qualities or diminished his personality to upper classmen.

Just saying its about time!
You nailed it..Sool has the KEA leadership/charisma vibe.

Just a little bit skinnier. LOL

Reaction Score
Sool definitely has the swagger that's been missing since CV left. He will be exciting and fun to watch. Heady player, cant wait for the season to start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom