Differences from November until now | The Boneyard

Differences from November until now

Reaction Score
I went back and watched most of the games from the PK classic and noticed a few things.

Sanogo is not the same player now that he was then. He played like he thought he was the best player on the court - and he was. Hustle and desire were there and aside from the 2nd half vs Xavier those things are not happening. It looks to me like the physicality of the Big East has worn him down, physically and mentally.

We ran a 5 out offense with Sanogo getting the ball frequently in the high post or on the 3 point line. This opened up the lane for guys to cut to the basket or drive, We complain about Adama's passing but from the high post he is a good passer. Way too many possessions now we try to force the ball into Adama in the low block, do it too often and it does not work. We did not do it in the 2nd half vs Xavier and we ran good offense.

Tristen Newton played very well in Oregon, we need that Tristen Newton, not the one that looks intimated by the tough defensive guards of the Big East. Take it to the basket Tristen and you will live at the free throw line. Then suddenly, you will get wide open 3's.

Andre Jackson did not try to do too much in Oregon. He needs to simply do what the defense gives him and play much smarter on both offense and defense. But, I say if teams don't guard him on the 3 pt line, he needs to take them. Andre, just play the game.

We need Joey C in the worst way to get out of his funk.

Our man defense was good in Oregon, what has happened to it?

It all comes down to teams being physical with us. I hate to say this but maybe Chief is right, give some time to Clingan and Sanogo playing together but who sits? We need to run but can't because our starting 5 is not a good rebounding team Our guards need to rebound and that eliminates the fast break because they are underneath the basket. How many good outlet passes have we seen this year? Instead, Sanogo gets a defensive rebound and hands it off the a guard in the backcourt.

And Hawkins needs to take 20 shots every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom