Didn't Friday Feel Like a HCRE Game? | The Boneyard

Didn't Friday Feel Like a HCRE Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Except we were on the wrong end.

Sitting on an early lead by smashing down the field and not turning the ball over or taking chances. Making some plays on special teams.

Not giving the inferior team even a sniff of winning or getting back in the game.

Felt familiar. Like HCRE vs. a MAC team.

Reaction Score

Sitting on an early lead by smashing down the field and not turning the ball over or taking chances. Making some plays on special teams.

Not giving the inferior team even a sniff of winning or getting back in the game.

Well I don't remember us coming out and throwing 3 TD passes in the 1st quarter, but I do remember trying to run out the clock for most of the game,
so there is that.

Even a grind it out and defend Coach like Rhule understands you HAVE to be able to pass the ball in today's game. Especially in the red zone where things get congested.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Well I don't remember us coming out and throwing 3 TD passes in the 1st quarter, but I do remember trying to run out the clock for most of the game,
so there is that.

Even a grind it out and defend Coach like Rhule understands you HAVE to be able to pass the ball in today's game. Especially in the red zone where things get congested.

On those two INT's Randy would have taken a 3 each time and won 27-0

Reaction Score
On those two INT's Randy would have taken a 3 each time and won 27-0
Temple decided to blitz like a mofo, don't recall Randy employing such a style to rattle a true freshman. Yes they're smash-mouth, but Rhule prefers to attack on both sides of the ball. Press the foot down on their throats, pull back some against an inept offense like ours.

Randy did a good job here Rhule is doing a good job there. I think that is where the similarities end. Rhule is a big motivator type, Edsall more of a so your job type.

Reaction Score
When we played a freshman QB Randy liked to drop 11 into pass coverage.

Reaction Score

You were also on the wrong end of Diaco as well. So congrats.

Reaction Score
I sort of get what you mean. Edsall would get a big lead by half time then coast. Bad teams had no chance but the score often didn't look that one sided

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
We would lose badly right now to any team in the MAC, Sun Belt or Mt. West... It wouldn't even be close.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It felt like a USF in the rain no passing game.

Can't we just run the 2nd half plays from the Cinco game on a loop for the rest of the season? We couldn't be any less predictable. At least we'd know the plays.

Reaction Score

HCRE didn't lose at home very much...

Reaction Score

Certainly can't knock Temple for that. They have clearly out performed UConn in recent years. And it worked for Edsall a number of years.

Reaction Score
No they have a good young coach...they are better.
I think he means, if UConn were to replay Maine, Maine would win. That's how I read that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom