Did you see RIP Hamilton on ESPN..... | The Boneyard

Did you see RIP Hamilton on ESPN.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
.....say that Kentucky could be the 8th seed in the NBA Eastern Conference playoffs......and hype Calipari as a great coach?.....I threw up in my mouth. He did give UCONN and our history of great guards love, but I never expected a Coach Cal/Kentucky love fest from RIP.

Reaction Score
I know this is crazy but the idea that Calipari and the refs exchange hand signals is not one that has much traction outside of internet message boards.

Reaction Score
The Harrisons and Ulis(who I like) wouldn't be in the rotation of an NBA team, I don't get how anyone could think a team lead by that backcourt could compete for a playoff spot. As bad as the bottom of the East is, look at the rosters of the Celtics, Nets, Pacers, and Heat, how in the world can anyone think UK could challenge those teams for that last spot?

Reaction Score
Kentucky would go 0-82 in an NBA season. Their size overwhelms college teams, and that wouldn't nearly be the case in the NBA. Their advantages would be negated and their flaws would be exposed.

They're one of the most dominant college teams I've seen, but they wouldn't be competitive against NBA competition. That narrative needs to die.

Reaction Score
The Harrisons and Ulis(who I like) wouldn't be in the rotation of an NBA team, I don't get how anyone could think a team lead by that backcourt could compete for a playoff spot. As bad as the bottom of the East is, look at the rosters of the Celtics, Nets, Pacers, and Heat, how in the world can anyone think UK could challenge those teams for that last spot?

Well in terms of bigs, I think kentucky might have the edge over Boston

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Ha, yeah, for example, James Young can't get any burn for the Celtis (even though Ainge and Stevens would love to have him out there, he's just not there yet), and he would have been an All-American for UK this year.

That said, UK could win a few games in an 82-game season. The Sixers are pretty terrible and other teams lay eggs all the time. But they would get creamed most nights, for sure.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Well in terms of bigs, I think kentucky might have the edge over Boston

Sullinger's out (because of his horrendous conditioning), but the guy was an All-American in his two years at OSU, and has only gotten more polished. He'd eat these guys for lunch. Zeller = another All American. Olynyk = another All American. And they would not be able to stop Brandon Bass either.

If Bass played for LSU this year, he no joke would have averaged 30 points and 15 rebounds per game. He's that much better than he was in college. Stronger, more explosive, more fundamentally sound. And he's an average PF.

Reaction Score
Exactly, Kentucky is so good because they overwhelm everyone with their size. Teams can't combat that size and it's incredibly hard to score over them and rebound with them. NBA teams wouldn't have any of those problems and Kentucky's guards would absolutely get eaten up. This is a dumb debate and I can't believe someone with the bball knowledge of Larry Brown would say they could make the playoffs, if he wasn't joking I worry that Larry has dementia.

Reaction Score
Kentucky would go 0-82 in an NBA season. Their size overwhelms college teams, and that wouldn't nearly be the case in the NBA. Their advantages would be negated and their flaws would be exposed.

They're one of the most dominant college teams I've seen, but they wouldn't be competitive against NBA competition. That narrative needs to die.
I'm no Kentucky fan but if they were in the eastern conference they could definitely beat the Knicks on occasion, especially without Melo.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy theory #1: RIP's relationship with WWW kept the foul disparity at a mere 7 in the National Championship game last year.

Now that UConn is out RIP is a Kentucky fan with Wes and you can expect the disparity to be +15 in this years title game.

Reaction Score
I'm no Kentucky fan but if they were in the eastern conference they could definitely beat the Knicks on occasion, especially without Melo.

Half this board could beat the knicks lol. Speaking of the Knicks Jaynce where are you with the daily knicks updates.

Reaction Score
UK would get worked by any NBA team. D League teams would beat them, I don't understand how people actually think they could beat an NBA team. It is extremely insulting to basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom