Reaction Score
Officiating?
Double rims?
Slippery floors?
Other?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
In a scheduled 40 minutes of basketball, we played intelligently for about 18.
Like like like -
Honest answer with blue shades off eyes. Refreshing.

Reaction Score
They gave it 110%.
We gave it 109%.

That's your problem right there.

We've simply got to give it 110%. And maybe even consider trying to give it 111%, because nobody else is giving it 111%.

Reaction Score
They gave it 110%.
We gave it 109%.

That's your problem right there.

We've simply got to give it 110%. And maybe even consider trying to give it 111%, because nobody else is giving it 111%.

I found the player quotes interesting from the Boat incident. How they said they stepped it up. Huh? Are you kidding me? Of course from that point on they were competitive.
I think this team has the NYK Carmelo Anthony syndrome with Boat playing the role as Melo. Dump the ball to him and watch. And just as successful.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I found the player quotes interesting from the Boat incident. How they said they stepped it up. Huh? Are you kidding me? Of course from that point on they were competitive.
I think this team has the NYK Carmelo Anthony syndrome with Boat playing the role as Melo. Dump the ball to him and watch. And just as successful.

I guess DHam was sitting on the bench or hiding in the corner
Boat was being double and triple teamed so he had to get others involved

Reaction Score
We lost because we think we're good enough to spot teams 10 pts before we start trying.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm never one to blame officiating for a loss. But in this case, the T on Boat was ludicrous.

Bad turnovers. Purvis. Foul shooting. Lack of interior D. It was just not a good showing despite them finding a competitive will late in the game.

Reaction Score
I guess DHam was sitting on the bench or hiding in the corner
Boat was being double and triple teamed so he had to get others involved

Yeah, I was more or less speaking of when the game was lost, which was before the incident. I thought that was pretty clear from the post. They only stepped up when they were forced to. Check out the other games this season too while you're at it.

Reaction Score
I just see a soft team this year. There needs to be a scrap in practice with someone (or more) coming away with a black eye or bloodied lip. I'm not saying punches should be thrown. I mean knocking each other on their keisters. We're not a good shooting team but we still could have won some of these games if we played tougher and got after it for longer periods. I just don't see a lot of fight in this squad.

Reaction Score
Not saying we "deserved" to win, but Memphis shot much better from 3 than anyone could reasonably have anticipated. I think UConn wins by a few buckets on a typical Tiger shooting day. That to me was the biggest factor, not that I was impressed with our defensive effort or offensive ability (outside of Hamilton, who was great except for a couple of his famous turnovers).

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I'm never one to blame officiating for a loss. But in this case, the T on Boat was ludicrous.

Bad turnovers. Purvis. Foul shooting. Lack of interior D. It was just not a good showing despite them finding a competitive will late in the game.

UGH - with the officiating. And there were NO BAD CALLS against Memphis - STOP THIS

The rest of the post is lovely.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, I was more or less speaking of when the game was lost, which was before the incident. I thought that was pretty clear from the post. They only stepped up when they were forced to. Check out the other games this season too while you're at it.
OK No need to check anything out - thanks

Reaction Score
Who is to blame for that?

This is a team sport. Players and coaches.

KO doesn't like using Timeouts. Maybe we need to use 1 or 2 early to settle the team.

The starters need to play smarter and harder from the beginning.

Reaction Score
I can't help but feel like if the Yale and Texas games had gone our way, we wouldn't be in the position we are right now. I think those losses really hurt our flow.

Reaction Score
Not saying we "deserved" to win, but Memphis shot much better from 3 than anyone could reasonably have anticipated. I think UConn wins by a few buckets on a typical Tiger shooting day. That to me was the biggest factor, not that I was impressed with our defensive effort or offensive ability (outside of Hamilton, who was great except for a couple of his famous turnovers).

We also shot poorly (from 3 and on layups). When we were down 12 at one point, we were 2-11 from 3 and they were like 7-15. We lost the turnover battle for most of the game due to stupid mistakes and mishandles, as well. I thought we were the significantly better team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We also shot poorly (from 3 and on layups). When we were down 12 at one point, we were 2-11 from 3 and they were like 7-15. We lost the turnover battle for most of the game due to stupid mistakes and mishandles, as well. I thought we were the significantly better team.
Those lay up misses had me blaming the backboards for the loss.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
This is a team sport. Players and coaches.

KO doesn't like using Timeouts. Maybe we need to use 1 or 2 early to settle the team.

The starters need to play smarter and harder from the beginning.

Is singles tennis in college a team sport?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom