Did we donate our old helmets......? | The Boneyard

Did we donate our old helmets......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
To Coginchaug HS football?? I saw this on the Courant today and almost dropped my coffee! For you Block C logo lovers, the Block C is alive and well! The helmets are a lighter blue but those decals are identical

_DSC0005-003.JPG

connecticut-huskies-replica-mini-helmet-3349320.jpg

Reaction Score
When I saw them on the Channel 3 highlights last night, all I could think of was the copyright infringement suit brought against one of the shoreline schools (Morgan?) over their husky logo on the 50 yard line. (Then UConn changed to their new look).

Reaction Score
When I saw them on the Channel 3 highlights last night, all I could think of was the copyright infringement suit brought against one of the shoreline schools (Morgan?) over their husky logo on the 50 yard line. (Then UConn changed to their new look).
And according to a friend of mine who is a UCONN Alum have not dropped the suit even though they rebranded the logo.

Reaction Score
are you suggesting Uconn sued a school over the logo?
That's pathetic.
getting CT kids to emulate or want to wear the Uconn brand should be a good thing.

Reaction Score
That's pathetic.
getting CT kids to emulate or want to wear the Uconn brand should be a good thing.
It happened...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Marty Jackson said:
That's pathetic.

You have to take steps to protect your trademarks in all cases because if you don't when someone you don't want using it takes it you have no legal recourse.

They make a lot of money off licensing and can't have people say selling gear for half what Nike can because they are just stealing the logo.

Not sure they would have to pursue the case past a change, but I'm sure one of our lawyers do.

Reaction Score
And yet the knockoff artists are still rampant in the blue lot selling hats for "five bucks five bucks"

Reaction Score
To Coginchaug HS football?? I saw this on the Courant today and almost dropped my coffee! For you Block C logo lovers, the Block C is alive and well! The helmets are a lighter blue but those decals are identical

_DSC0005-003.JPG

Miss that Block C.

Reaction Score
Love the Block C. It's who we are. Classic, classy, no flash and down to business. It's says we brought lunch pails and are going to war in the trenches. Need to get back to our Northeastern power football heritage. Give me snow, mud and blood .

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Maybe we can ask Coginchaug if we can borrow it back? ;) We NEED it back...

Reaction Score
You have to take steps to protect your trademarks in all cases because if you don't when someone you don't want using it takes it you have no legal recourse.

They make a lot of money off licensing and can't have people say selling gear for half what Nike can because they are just stealing the logo.

Not sure they would have to pursue the case past a change, but I'm sure one of our lawyers do.

They could sell rights for a penny to ct hs's without opening the floodgates.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Jimdish255 said:
They could sell rights for a penny to ct hs's without opening the floodgates.

That still doesn't make any sense to me why they would do it, but I imagine they could make it work legally.

Reaction Score
Love the Block C. It's who we are. Classic, classy, no flash and down to business. It's says we brought lunch pails and are going to war in the trenches. Need to get back to our Northeastern power football heritage. Give me snow, mud and blood .

When Uconn would show up on TV, friends of mine from the other parts of the country used to comment on how cool and old school UConn's uniforms were, I used to hear a lot of compliments. Shame they changed it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Marty Jackson said:
then billboards, advertising, and goodwill don't make sense either.

I don't think you are getting the branding and intellectual property.

UConn marketing it's trademarks and letting rinky dink high schools steal their logos are not the same thing.

Why not just let these rinky dink high schools pretend their diploma has the same value as UConn's?

The schools are better off creating their own logos anyway instead of stealing someone else's.

Reaction Score

_DSC0005-003.JPG

Saw this early also, I just waited to comment as many told me to stop with my hate of the new logo...I feel I am in good company here.
WARDE!!! BRING BACK THE BLOCK C.........

Reaction Score
Saw this early also, I just waited to comment as many told me to stop with my hate of the new logo...I feel I am in good company here.
WARDE!!! BRING BACK THE BLOCK C.........

the new logo has grown on me, but I'm still cold on the uniforms. It'd be easy to mix the new pup with the old Block C. No reason we can't do both - best of both worlds, old and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom