Did UConn Recruit Mary Baskerville? | The Boneyard

Did UConn Recruit Mary Baskerville?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting very closely, but my recollection is that UConn showed some interest in Mary Baskerville when she was in high school, but ultimately decided not to make an offer. Since she is a junior, she would have been in the same recruiting class as Liv and Christyn. As I recall, they were the only two recruits in that class, and, since perenially "we need bigs", I would think she would have been a good addition to the class. And I have to think that she would rather have played in Storrs than in Providence.

Having seen her play today, it seems that she could have made a real contribution. I know that she committed too many fouls too quickly today, but that is a curable problem.

Do the recruiting jocks on the Boneyard know any back story related to her non-recruitment?

Apart from any on-court contributions that she might have made, think of the missed marketing opportunities. She could have been "The Hound of the Huskies" ...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I saw Mary play in person as a frosh. She was effective on defense but was very, very raw on offense....though she did seem to have a nice sense of the passing game. One of the assistants came to see her play...and then I do believe that Geno stopped by later that year. I don't think she ever became a real target after her frosh year....she has made nice improvement in college...particularly on her shooting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
During the game telecast, they said UConn recruited her for a brief period.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom