Did someone know? | The Boneyard

Did someone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We keep saying that no one knew this season was going to be this bad....

However, there was one person who felt the need in his negotiation to have the amount paid if he's fired increase exponentially in the immediate near term.

Now, this is where everyone in the administration who signed off on this deal owns it. When you are giving someone that kind of raise and that kind of extension - how in the world do you end up increasing what you pay him if you fire him, but not getting the buy-outs substantially increased if someone were kind enough to take him away.

If the reason they felt the need to even talk extension was Rutgers or whomever - why would UConn's buy out be through the roof and his be minimal?

I don't need to ask the first question: Yes, Whaler this athletic department is the most inept organization you've ever seen. They managed to take the success of Jim, Geno and Randy... and turn it into bupkus. After 20 wildly successful years - the fan base is smaller than when they started. Not easy to do - but they did it.
Congrats to everyone involved.

The second question: Did Bob know how bad this team was going to be? Or did his agent pull off the impossible by out-negotiating university administrators on what should have been an absolute non-starter in the discussion.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I said it in another thread but it's one thing that Diaco is in over his head. He clearly loves football, but is clearly a lunatic that is failing as a head coach. It happens.

It's another thing that our school officials signed off on this. Thats the part that just makes me sick. Hey Diaco has every right to ask for a massive buy out, I just think it's unfathomable that we agreed to it.

If they do bring him back it's the last nail in the coffin of an athletic department that is likely already dead.

I think it's almost a matter of time before we beg for a hoops invite into the Big East. Such a shame that everything accomplished will be relegated to memories.

Reaction Score
I said the same thing. it made no sense then and now it is magnified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom