Did New Haven Register's Jim Fuller Get Let Go? | The Boneyard

Did New Haven Register's Jim Fuller Get Let Go?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen his by-line in the NH Register for several days. The Register has also changed its online edition to eliminate "UConn Women" as a subject line one could click on to get stories on UConn women's basketball.

The New Haven Register was recently taken over by Hearst Connecticut Newspaper Group, which operates a monopoly (stranglehold) on newspapers in Fairfield County. Hearst eliminated its own UConn women reporter, and began carrying articles from Hartford Courant. Has Fuller become the victim of cost-cutting by Hearst?

Anyone know?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen his by-line in the NH Register for several days. The Register has also changed its online edition to eliminate "UConn Women" as a subject line one could click on to get stories on UConn women's basketball.

The New Haven Register was recently taken over by Hearst Connecticut Newspaper Group, which operates a monopoly (stranglehold) on newspapers in Fairfield County. Hearst eliminated its own UConn women reporter, and began carrying articles from Hartford Courant. Has Fuller become the victim of cost-cutting by Hearst?

Anyone know?

Another poster said Jim filed a story yesterday---seems to indicate he's still there--thank goodness.

As far as Hearst cutting back and streamlining functions --they have little choice or go completely out of business.
The Internets carry their stories--gratis---we read their stories, mostly, gratis. Their hard copy readership is abysmal, their E copy readers are probably fewer.
I compare this to Software development and distribution--if every time a new software app came out -- bought a bootleg copy--pretty soon , no software development. Same is true with Newsprint companies. You either support them or watch them die and all those peripheral posting.

Reaction Score
Another poster said Jim filed a story yesterday---seems to indicate he's still there--thank goodness.

As far as Hearst cutting back and streamlining functions --they have little choice or go completely out of business.
The Internets carry their stories--gratis---we read their stories, mostly, gratis. Their hard copy readership is abysmal, their E copy readers are probably fewer.
I compare this to Software development and distribution--if every time a new software app came out -- bought a bootleg copy--pretty soon , no software development. Same is true with Newsprint companies. You either support them or watch them die and all those peripheral posting.

Of course, they now own the majority of newspapers in the entire state, and operate a monopoly from New Haven to Greenwich. That's not healthy. For anyone.

Regarding "gratis," they get revenues for clicks from advertisers.

Reaction Score
Of course, they now own the majority of newspapers in the entire state, and operate a monopoly from New Haven to Greenwich. That's not healthy. For anyone.

Regarding "gratis," they get revenues for clicks from advertisers.

You are most likely looking at the new normal for Newsprint organizations.
The "gratis" was to the end user. You/me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom