Did MLS hijack our national team? | The Boneyard

Did MLS hijack our national team?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
An argument can certainly be made.

I didn't have to read that to know it was going on. That's why JK got fired.
There was certainly enough other things to fire him for.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I caught an interview with Don Garber last summer, he said words to the effect that "JK felt one way about MLS, I felt another and now we have a new coach" while barely suppressing a grin.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I caught an interview with Don Garber last summer, he said words to the effect that "JK felt one way about MLS, I felt another and now we have a new coach" while barely suppressing a grin.
Whatever excuse they needed to get rid of him, I'm good with. They had plenty of other reasons to get rid of him, but if they wanted to use that one, fine. At least he was gone.

Reaction Score
We've been saying this for a long time now, especially since Brucie took over

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
JK couldn't have done worse.
He had already done worse. 0-2, 0 points, 6th place. Lost to Mexico and 0-4 to Costa Rica, 3 points off 4th place. Bruce ended up in 5th place, tied Mexico and 0-2 to Costa Rica, 1 point off 3rd place.

So as poor as Bruce was, he did better than Klinsmann.

Reaction Score
Whatever excuse they needed to get rid of him, I'm good with. They had plenty of other reasons to get rid of him, but if they wanted to use that one, fine. At least he was gone.

Too bad you feel that way, at least we would have qualified. Why do you hate going to the World Cup so much?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Too bad you feel that way, at least we would have qualified. Why do you hate going to the World Cup so much?
Klinsmann wasn't getting us to the WC. Why do you back a loser?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let alone the final stretch of qualifiers, maybe the biggest crime was Bruce choosing also-rans for the Gold Cup. And it appears there's a legit shot we may lose Jon Gonzalez
????

Reaction Score
Klinsmann wasn't getting us to the WC. Why do you back a loser?

You backed the loser. You and Businesslawyer, the king and queen of mediocrity and all things boring.

Arena was a buffoon. He didn’t rotate his roster and he subbed worse than a trainee at Subway.

So just shut up. Jurgen wasn’t that bad, but Arena never had the plot. Ever. It. Did. Not. Work.

It was a terrible decision.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You backed the loser. You and Businesslawyer, the king and queen of mediocrity and all things boring.

Arena was a buffoon. He didn’t rotate his roster and he subbed worse than a trainee at Subway.

So just shut up. Jurgen wasn’t that bad, but Arena never had the plot. Ever. It. Did. Not. Work.

Jurgen lost the team. Why did he lose the team? I don't know, but he did. Could U.S. soccer have undermined him? Yes, that is plausible. I don't think he's a bad coach. He has shown otherwise. Replacing him with Arena was a mistake. We all knew it. I don't know why we don't know how to do anything bold or creative. The best result would be replacing him with somebody else, preferably a non-American, or an American skeptical of MLS and our whole system. By the way, that's now still what is needed.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I didn't back Arena. I certainly didn't want him in there. But I also realized Klinsmann had lost the plot and had to go. It was very unfortunate that they went with Arena to try and get them to the WC. You seem unable to recognize that.

Reaction Score
Jurgen lost the team. Why did he lose the team? I don't know, but he did. Could U.S. soccer have undermined him? Yes, that is plausible. I don't think he's a bad coach. He has shown otherwise. Replacing him with Arena was a mistake. We all knew it. I don't know why we don't know how to do anything bold or creative. The best result would be replacing him with somebody else, preferably a non-American, or an American skeptical of MLS and our whole system. By the way, that's now still what is needed.

Lost the team? That’s the story MLS/SUM cobbled together at least.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lost the team? That’s the story MLS/SUM cobbled together at least.

They quit on him and effectively stopped playing/trying. What would you call it? It looked exactly like UConn under Diaco at the end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom