Did anyone get interviewed before the game? | The Boneyard

Did anyone get interviewed before the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was tailgating with the crew in Blue lot before the game. The kids were engaged in a spirited game of corn hole when a film crew starts taking pictures and videotaping them. I wasn't sure who they were so I asked what was going on. I'm pretty observant with respect to how people present and none of them had any recognizable credentials or shirts with Uconn logo's on them as most University staff would. They asked if I would sign a release so that they could use the kids pic in promo media. I agreed and signed. Then one guy who was clearly running the show struck up a conversation with me as his crew was photographing the kids. He asked if I was a season ticket holder, I told him I was then he asked a few more surface questions and before I knew it all the cameras were surrounding me and the questions changed, I was asking myself what the heck was going on here, but answered the questions none the less. I was asked if I plan on renewing my season tix next year, I said I would asses that as the time arises. I was asked if the conference affiliation with the AAC bothers me or would influence my opinion, I told them absolutely! Why continue to spend thousands for sub quality content! They asked what a game like Mich means to me, I told them that it means we are competing at the highest level and should continue to do so. I also said that every minute we remain in the AAC we become more irrelevant. There were more questions as well and I also said that I feel that this year is the pinnacle as I see it in terms of interest of competition and will severely decline every year moving forward. I said it was my opinion that fan support will follow accordingly. Now keep,in mind I am paraphrasing in my responses so I don't go on for hours, but I wanted to pass this along because it it my opinion that these people were hired to poll the fans to take a temperature check as to where the University stands. Maybe Warde and Susan are trying to get some data in terms of non scientific fan polls? Who knows but we all found it interesting none the less.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
By any chance did the guy introduce himself as "Tim Denaley" or "Dim Jelaney"?

Reaction Score
I was tailgating with the crew in Blue lot before the game. The kids were engaged in a spirited game of corn hole when a film crew starts taking pictures and videotaping them. I wasn't sure who they were so I asked what was going on. I'm pretty observant with respect to how people present and none of them had any recognizable credentials or shirts with Uconn logo's on them as most University staff would. They asked if I would sign a release so that they could use the kids pic in promo media. I agreed and signed. Then one guy who was clearly running the show struck up a conversation with me as his crew was photographing the kids. He asked if I was a season ticket holder, I told him I was then he asked a few more surface questions and before I knew it all the cameras were surrounding me and the questions changed, I was asking myself what the heck was going on here, but answered the questions none the less. I was asked if I plan on renewing my season tix next year, I said I would asses that as the time arises. I was asked if the conference affiliation with the AAC bothers me or would influence my opinion, I told them absolutely! Why continue to spend thousands for sub quality content! They asked what a game like Mich means to me, I told them that it means we are competing at the highest level and should continue to do so. I also said that every minute we remain in the AAC we become more irrelevant. There were more questions as well and I also said that I feel that this year is the pinnacle as I see it in terms of interest of competition and will severely decline every year moving forward. I said it was my opinion that fan support will follow accordingly. Now keep,in mind I am paraphrasing in my responses so I don't go on for hours, but I wanted to pass this along because it it my opinion that these people were hired to poll the fans to take a temperature check as to where the University stands. Maybe Warde and Susan are trying to get some data in terms of non scientific fan polls? Who knows but we all found it interesting none the less.

Doggie did you happen to tell them that it was time to back up the bus and ship the coaching staff out?

Reaction Score
Doggie did you happen to tell them that it was time to back up the bus and ship the coaching staff out?

Should of mentioned this, but I did say that it was my opinion this coaching staff is not what we need during this conference transitional period.

Reaction Score
You didn't hear? There's a new Cornhole Conference starting up that is scouting young recruits from areas of the country anxious to leave the AAC.

Reaction Score
they interviewed us in the blue lot too. they did have some UCONN TV/Radio credentials- we actually saw them on the field during the game.

We asked what it was for and they said- "promotional materials" and "marketing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22