Did anyone else throw their remote control when... | The Boneyard

Did anyone else throw their remote control when...

Reaction Score
UCONN fell asleep getting back with their heads down which lead to a Columbia layup?

Larrier is AWFUL on defense. I keyed on him late in the game. He often turns his head and completely loses his
man. I will not get onto his loose handle on key plays tonight.

Perhaps these early games will prove that Diarra and Vital need more minutes.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
UCONN fell asleep getting back with their heads down which lead to a Columbia layup?

Larrier is AWFUL on defense. I keyed on him late in the game. He often turns his head and completely loses his

What amazes me is the perimeter defense / close out defense is this bad with Ricky Moore on the bench. Smh.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What amazes me is the perimeter defense / close out defense is this bad with Ricky Moore on the bench. Smh.

This caused me to scream multiple times. Way too many open 3s. This isn't Golden State. It's Columbia. No reason Columbia should be able to run offense better than UConn.

We obviously did outplay them in the 2nd and OT but the fact that we had to rally is pretty sad.

This isn't a well coached team. I think that's pretty clear. I think we're all wondering how Ollie coached the 2014 team to the title. You can say Bazz led us but there were offensive and defensive schemes. It wasn't just effort and talent. So what changed?

Reaction Score

That and when he got beaten twice in the last 5 minutes for putbacks when the game was close. He is basically a mediocre jump shooter and when his shot isn’t going down he does nothing to help the team - no defense, rebounding, passing, hustle plays.

But he does seem to have some toughness about him to play through injuries.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
At one point in my fandom I def would have thrown the remote..... Unfortunately having endured the the last couple seasons, I've become numb to the lack of effort, I resort to the ole rolling of the eyes

Reaction Score
I don't throw the remote over a basketball game. When Rocket Man comes on the tube and says he has an ICBM with a nuke on board with our name on it, that makes me start throwing shiite.

Reaction Score
That and when he got beaten twice in the last 5 minutes for putbacks when the game was close. He is basically a mediocre jump shooter and when his shot isn’t going down he does nothing to help the team - no defense, rebounding, passing, hustle plays.

But he does seem to have some toughness about him to play through injuries.

No rebounding? Larrier had 14 tonight. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
My frustration boiled over when in the second half we go on a 7-0 run, the team is going to the rack and running offense. Then on three posessions in a row we jack up three quick 3’s that all miss?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Nope. No thoughts of throwing or screaming. I have passed that stage already.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This caused me to scream multiple times. Way too many open 3s. This isn't Golden State. It's Columbia. No reason Columbia should be able to run offense better than UConn.

We obviously did outplay them in the 2nd and OT but the fact that we had to rally is pretty sad.

This isn't a well coached team. I think that's pretty clear. I think we're all wondering how Ollie coached the 2014 team to the title. You can say Bazz led us but there were offensive and defensive schemes. It wasn't just effort and talent. So what changed?
The same thing happened in Atlantis. My son and I had great seats and watched how Adams would follow the ball inside leaving uncontested three point shots, It was terrible against Gonzaga. If you recall that year, they were deadly behind the Arc.

Reaction Score

There were very good schemes especially in the ncaa tournament that year. Izzo, Donovan, and Coach Cal were all out coached by Ollie within basically a week. One possible answer is that the assistant coaching was much better had had more power to implement strategy.

Reaction Score

It's a problem every freaking game. They give so much space and many times over rotate.

Reaction Score
I have realistic expectations of this team and understand it's not worth throwing the remote. Now if this were Calhoun's team playing like this, I would have smashed it pieces last night.

Reaction Score

It is truly amazing how awful our perimeter defense is.

Is this a hustle thing or is there something wrong with the X's and O's?

Or a mix of both?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
There were very good schemes especially in the ncaa tournament that year. Izzo, Donovan, and Coach Cal were all out coached by Ollie within basically a week. One possible answer is that the assistant coaching was much better had had more power to implement strategy.

Yeah, in like 10 days he beat three guys who had been or would go on to be NBA coaches plus Tom Freaking Izzo. Is he Chauncey Gardner who just stumbled his way to success by spouting inspirational messages (which now sound like weak bromides)? Or did he actually hit on something back then? It sure seemed like we had something going on. Which assistant coaches could have been responsible? It was the same guys that we went on to suck with: Miller, Hobbs, etc.

I like to think personnel, injuries and transfers have been behind a lot of the recent problems. But there's one common denominator over the last 3 years: KO.

I just can't believe that with Jalen Adams, Terry Larrier, Alterique Gilbert, Christian Vital, Antwoine Anderson and a bevy of serviceable bigs we can't compete for the AAC title. Adams-Gilbert-Vital-Anderson might be the DEEPEST backcourt we have ever had!!! So it's definitely on Ollie now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom