Did anyone else’s heart skip a beat when they saw this tweet? | The Boneyard

Did anyone else’s heart skip a beat when they saw this tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess if the team wanted to join a conference, there were not a lot of options. This is just another reason UConn cannot give up the struggle to join the ACC or B10.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No, seeing blank spaces where tweets used to be is fairly common nowadays

Heart stayed right on rhythymn.

Screenshot_20191205-075139.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Chin Diesel? More like Skin Diesel ;) It was tweet showing the UConn and CAA logos and then in tiny font saying women’s rowing

Amazing how I make a joke on another forum about wearing a facial mask at night to revitalize my skin and those ads start showing up.

Feeling a bit more masculine now. Trucking careers!!!

Screenshot_20191205-084653.png

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn could offer a men's rowing team, too, not just a club sport.

Reaction Score
I guess if the team wanted to join a conference, there were not a lot of options. This is just another reason UConn cannot give up the struggle to join the ACC or B10.

The Big East gets us closer to that IMO

Reaction Score
The Big East gets us closer to that IMO
Quitting on an all sports conference is NOT going to get you any closer to joining one of the P-5 conferences. If anything it's going to prove to those conferences that UConn can't hang in an all sports conference because A) The fan base doesn't support all sports at a P-5 level and B) the football program can't recruit, thus can't compete, at a P-5 level. And as everyone knows if you don't have a P-5 level football program your not going anywhere. UConn blew it's best chance at ever being invited when it gave up on the challenge the AAC presented. Had UConn achieved the same success that Temple, Cincinnati, South Florida and Central Florida achieved they could have been in the discussion when the P-5 looked to add. Now that dream is long gone. Unless UConn football becomes the next BYU or Notre Dame they will never be invited to a P-5 conference.

Reaction Score
I think we should aim for the Sun Belt. The App State addition seemed to have taken the conference above C-USA in strength. Make road trips to Mobile for Southern Alabama games and investigate where fire ants made their way into the US.

Reaction Score
I'd swap Rutgers out for Uconn in a heart beat, but sadly I'm not running the B1G. Unfortunately under the current system in place any potential addition is weighed entirely against the increase in revenue that you could provide. This sucks for fans a we are force fed a steady diet of garbage RU Teams all so our schools can cash a bigger check.

Under this constraint there are about 5-6 teams that would be considered for membership. Texas (no brainer), ND, UNC, UVA (All married to The ACC so not happening) and OU as a +1 for Texas. Everybody else is on the outside looking in. It sucks because I believe there are a number of schools that are a fit academically, culturally, and geographically that won't get a sniff. At this point I'd say try to stay relevant athletically to be a potential ND+1 or hope for a Big 12 implosion/reorganization. The B1G has priced itself out of the market for good additions SMH.

Reaction Score
Quitting on an all sports conference is NOT going to get you any closer to joining one of the P-5 conferences. If anything it's going to prove to those conferences that UConn can't hang in an all sports conference because A) The fan base doesn't support all sports at a P-5 level and B) the football program can't recruit, thus can't compete, at a P-5 level. And as everyone knows if you don't have a P-5 level football program your not going anywhere. UConn blew it's best chance at ever being invited when it gave up on the challenge the AAC presented. Had UConn achieved the same success that Temple, Cincinnati, South Florida and Central Florida achieved they could have been in the discussion when the P-5 looked to add. Now that dream is long gone. Unless UConn football becomes the next BYU or Notre Dame they will never be invited to a P-5 conference.

Quiting an all sports conference as your program falls into insignificance is not a wrong move. When you have the history and tradition of winning that Uconn has and you can't use that in recruiting because not one cares about Tulane, Tulsa or ECU was a problem.

The Big East gives the program a national presence. Believe me, when the men start winning again, and if conference expansion moves forward in a few years, conference presidents are going to take a hard look at the numbet 1 public institution in New England that has a NY foot print and a winning tradition. I'm not drinking kool aid, it might not happen, but the road to a better conference starts with being significant at something rather than being average at everything.

In the AAC, Uconn is just an average university, in the Big East, we'll be the premier program, the crown jewel. When you raid something, you want the best.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Some have a hard time distinguishing the business of college athletics from the performance of college athletics.

Reaction Score
I'd swap Rutgers out for Uconn in a heart beat, but sadly I'm not running the B1G. Unfortunately under the current system in place any potential addition is weighed entirely against the increase in revenue that you could provide. This sucks for fans a we are force fed a steady diet of garbage RU Teams all so our schools can cash a bigger check.

Under this constraint there are about 5-6 teams that would be considered for membership. Texas (no brainer), ND, UNC, UVA (All married to The ACC so not happening) and OU as a +1 for Texas. Everybody else is on the outside looking in. It sucks because I believe there are a number of schools that are a fit academically, culturally, and geographically that won't get a sniff. At this point I'd say try to stay relevant athletically to be a potential ND+1 or hope for a Big 12 implosion/reorganization. The B1G has priced itself out of the market for good additions SMH.

If ND was in the B1G this year, they probably would be playing Oh St for the conference title and a shot at a playoff spot.

One day soon, ND will realize that ut doesn't make any sense to play their tough schedule for tradition sake. Ok and Texas are tied to each other, it ND wants to join a conference, it will be the B1G, and I firmly brlieve that the ACC teams mentioned are solidly loyal to the ACC, which would leave Uconn as ND's partner into the B1G.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If ND was in the B1G this year, they probably would be playing Oh St for the conference title and a shot at a playoff spot.

One day soon, ND will realize that ut doesn't make any sense to play their tough schedule for tradition sake. Ok and Texas are tied to each other, it ND wants to join a conference, it will be the B1G, and I firmly brlieve that the ACC teams mentioned are solidly loyal to the ACC, which would leave Uconn as ND's partner into the B1G.
I don't agree... typically their independent schedule is easier than a big 11 schedule that includes a championship game. Especially it they were in the division with OSU, Michigan and PSU. ND has a Halo that allows them to be ranked high even though they aren't in a conference. I think they will be in the national championship mix more often as an independent versus being in a conference.

They are the only independent who could pull that off.

Reaction Score
I don't agree... typically their independent schedule is easier than a big 11 schedule that includes a championship game. Especially it they were in the division with OSU, Michigan and PSU. ND has a Halo that allows them to be ranked high even though they aren't in a conference. I think they will be in the national championship mix more often as an independent versus being in a conference.

They are the only independent who could pull that off.

So you think that at 10-2 they'll have a better shot at top bowl than many other 10-2 teams? The bowl committe has already placed a high value of conference champions getting into a new years bowl.

This years 10-2 team won't be in the conversation for a new years bowl

Reaction Score

So very true... We gave up the dream of P5 membership. Football drives the bus, UConn administration drove the bus off a cliff...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Some will well you know no matter what as they are just unhappy and like to witch

It is rowing, and nothing more. Just stop

Reaction Score

LOL What? ND could potentially have been a 6-7 win team if they played in The B1G this year. Especially if they were in the East. ND is in the best possible situation for them. They control their scheduling and can tailor it to make a playoff run every few years. Their partial ACC Deal provides them all of the benefits of conference affiliation with none of the downside. If they joined The B1G and started having teams like Wisconsin hand them their heads on a regular basis, the aura around their program would diminish really quickly. I'm not sure their subway fan base wold be too thrilled going 7-5 and playing Duke in The Belk Bowl.

Reaction Score
LOL What? ND could potentially have been a 6-7 win team if they played in The B1G this year. Especially if they were in the East. ND is in the best possible situation for them. They control their scheduling and can tailor it to make a playoff run every few years. Their partial ACC Deal provides them all of the benefits of conference affiliation with none of the downside. If they joined The B1G and started having teams like Wisconsin hand them their heads on a regular basis, the aura around their program would diminish really quickly. I'm not sure their subway fan base wold be too thrilled going 7-5 and playing Duke in The Belk Bowl.

Again, a 10-2 ND team without conference affiliation is going nowhere

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Notre Dame football fans don’t care if you they ever win anything ever again so long as their own farts continue to smell so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom