Did a practice tailgate at the RENT yesterday... | The Boneyard

Did a practice tailgate at the RENT yesterday...

Reaction Score
My kids got tickets to the Hartford Athletic match as a Father's Day family event. Was good practice for loading my new vehicle with tailgating supplies to get the kinks out. The tailgate was fun as the rain held off until game time. We stayed through the first half, then had to leave as the grandchildren REALLY needed to take a nap.
Unlike UCONN games, the majority of ATHLETIC fans didn't show up until just before game time. The weather might have been a factor. We had the parking area basically to ourselves, as we showed up the usual 3 hours before start time.
The "pitch" (a.k.a. playing field) looked to be in pristine condition. It looked perfectly manicured. I've never seen it in such great shape before. Concessions were modest, as you would expect, due to the sparse crowd. Beer prices were $ 5.00 for draughts in plastic cups ($ 8.00 at UConn games) and $ 8.00 for brews in 16 oz. cans.
All in all, a fun day with my kids & son-in-law's parents.

Reaction Score
The athletic’s home is set to be at Dillon Stadium in Hartford but there have been many set backs. I checked out the plan and it seems like the Hartford Athletic is pushing for an MLS bid once the long term plan has hit its peak for the stadium....

Plan:
Those are the plans from Hartford City's bid to take over the stadium which lost to Hartford Athletic.

Reaction Score
The athletic’s home is set to be at Dillon Stadium in Hartford but there have been many set backs. I checked out the plan and it seems like the Hartford Athletic is pushing for an MLS bid once the long term plan has hit its peak for the stadium....

Plan:

Only problem is that this plan is for Hartford City, not Hartford Athletic. Two different clubs playing in two different leagues. Those plans were from 2017 before Hartford pursued Hartford Sports Group and their USL team.

Reaction Score
Yes, two clubs will work in the region.

Hartford City wanted to control Dillon but lost the bid. They used to play at CCSU, currently I believe they play at UHart and are in their 4th season in the NPSL which is considered to be a semi-professional league .
The group that won the bid controls Athletic which plays in the USL Championship which is one tier below MLS. So they aren't competing directly against each other.

There is also Elm City Express in New Haven, which may be on hiatus this season, and AC Connecticut in Newtown/Danbury.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom