Dick Weiss living up to the Dick part... | The Boneyard

Dick Weiss living up to the Dick part...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is on drugs. Look at this part:

"
For basketball historians, UConn’s situation is reminiscent of when Fordham left the MAAC, where its men’s basketball team was winning 20-plus games a year, for the non-scholarship Patriot League in 1992, and when Boston College left the Big East, where it had won championships, in 2005 for the ACC."
Seriously Dick? Fordham and bcu? You are comparing what Uconn has done with Fordham and bcu?!!!!

Reaction Score
"when Boston College left the Big East, where it had won championships, in 2005 for the ACC. Both schools quickly faded into irrelevance, both regionally and nationally.

I don't remember BC ever winning any championships in the BE

Reaction Score
He is on drugs. Look at this part:

"

For basketball historians, UConn’s situation is reminiscent of when Fordham left the MAAC, where its men’s basketball team was winning 20-plus games a year, for the non-scholarship Patriot League in 1992, and when Boston College left the Big East, where it had won championships, in 2005 for the ACC."
Seriously Dick? Fordham and bcu? You are comparing what Uconn has done with Fordham and bcu?!!!!

BC lost 27 games in a row to UConn.

Reaction Score
Whether or not UConn continues to win is up to Herbst. Marketing, bling (cool unis, player perks) and OOC scheduling will keep UConn front and center. Move away from that or stay the same, and we are done. We have to make news for sexy reasons. The ball is in her court.

U

UConn9604

"when Boston College left the Big East, where it had won championships, in 2005 for the ACC. Both schools quickly faded into irrelevance, both regionally and nationally.

I don't remember BC ever winning any championships in the BE

If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong, as I've left them in the rear view mirror, like a fetid road kill carcass), they did well in the Big East Tournament in some of the years when we were bad/rebuilding, like 1997 and 2001.

But that's about it. We beat them every single game in a row from the Reagan Administration to the Bush Administration (the second Bush Administration, that is).

Reaction Score
Whether or not UConn continues to win is up to Herbst. Marketing, bling (cool unis, player perks) and OOC scheduling will keep UConn front and center. Move away from that or stay the same, and we are done. We have to make news for sexy reasons. The ball is in her court.

This is what worries me. Don't think WM has that drive and determination to keep UConn prominent. He seems like ho-hum administrator.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lot of truth there. Under Perkins especially, UConn developed a culture of arrogance that it is now paying the price for. No one out their wants to do UConn any favors. Just the opposite. The schadenfreude is heavy. UConn didn't take that old showbiz line to heart, "Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down. "

U

UConn9604

Wait, I just read this -- is he really suggesting that we owe the Big East more than we've given it?

We are the best program in the history of the best conference in the history of college basketball. What the hell is he talking about? We've been putting food in Providence's and Seton Hall's and St. John's's mouths for 20 years, and we somehow owe *them*? Is he serious?

Complain about our mechanics and style in pursuing a new league all you want, but don't you dare suggest that we haven't pulled our duck_king weight. That's ridiculous. Blame Syracuse and Pittsburgh for stinking up the joint in football and choking at every opportunity in hoops. Blame Boston College for never, ever making a Final Four. Blame Rutgers for never winning anything (ever, and I mean ever). Each of those things led to this league falling apart.

This is not our fault. Dick.

Reaction Score
Lot of truth there. Under Perkins especially, UConn developed a culture of arrogance that it is now paying the price for. No one out their wants to do UConn any favors. Just the opposite. The schadenfreude is heavy. UConn didn't take that old showbiz line to heart, "Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down. "
I rather have an aggressive and agrrogance AD like Perkins then what we had with Hathaway and what we have now. An aggressive or agrrogance AD certainly didn't hurt BC or Louisville.

Reaction Score
I rather have an aggressive and agrrogance AD like Perkins then what we had with Hathaway and what we have now. An aggressive or agrrogance AD certainly didn't hurt BC or Louisville.
Bingo . Or WVU for that matter.

Reaction Score

Perkins was like Jurich, a rainmaker. Some people can just get things done.

Reaction Score
i like the part where he says "uconn which views itself as a top 20 research university"...

actually Dick, its USNWR and other academic entities that put Uconn inthat category.
what a dick.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He was on WFAN last night at 6, I drove around a little to see if he had any insight to the Catholics splitting. No, he did not. It's dog track time for Dick.

Reaction Score

The Jacobs article portrays UConn as the glue that held people together. Tranghese a few weeks ago singled out UConn (he could have only been describing UConn when he said "the school left out") as contributing more to the BE than any other school, while some of the departures did nothing (not sure who he was referring to). Let's not bee entirely self-loathing, shall we?

Reaction Score
Wait, I just read this -- is he really suggesting that we owe the Big East more than we've given it?

We are the best program in the history of the best conference in the history of college basketball. What the hell is he talking about? We've been putting food in Providence's and Seton Hall's and St. John's's mouths for 20 years, and we somehow owe *them*? Is he serious?

Complain about our mechanics and style in pursuing a new league all you want, but don't you dare suggest that we haven't pulled our duck_king weight. That's ridiculous. Blame Syracuse and Pittsburgh for stinking up the joint in football and choking at every opportunity in hoops. Blame Boston College for never, ever making a Final Four. Blame Rutgers for never winning anything (ever, and I mean ever). Each of those things led to this league falling apart.

This is not our fault. Dick.

Not true about rutgers. We just won a Co-Big East Championship...you know, like the two co-Big East Championships you seem to be so proud of. We've also been to the Final Four. Sure it was back in 1976, but we've been there.

Reaction Score

I don't think it's primarily arrogance. I think it's primarily envy.

Who in our peer group is saying "when we won our 3 hoops championships in 15 years, while practically inventing women's hoops as a spectator sport, we did it with more humility." The answer, of course, is no one.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
N
Not true about rutgers. We just won a Co-Big East Championship...you know, like the two co-Big East Championships you seem to be so proud of. We've also been to the Final Four. Sure it was back in 1976, but we've been there.
Neither of those "accomplishments" took place during your membership in the BE (You had already given notice before backing into a co-championship we made possible by beating Louisville for you) and contributed a dime of income to the league. Thanks, though, for reminding us what the B1G will be bitching about for years to come.

Reaction Score

The Big East didn't exist in 1976, so your point is moot.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like polite visitors from other boards but today might not be the day to come on this board to seek validation about Rutgers.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Again, I don't understand all of the UConn bashing and gloating over how "UConn got what it deserves". UConn, not RU/Cuse/BC/VT/UM/UL/WVU/Pitt/C7 schools, is STILL in the Big East. Does this ass clown think that the afore mentioned schools didn't use the Big East (and the success that UCONN gave it over the past several decades) to better their own position???? Aside from a recent resurgence of GTown and semi-decent results from Nova, all of the C7 schools have absolutely sucked during the past several decades and have done nothing but lower RPI/SOS. It's because of UConn's success that many of these schools were able to better their own profile to jump ship.

And to compare UConn to Fordham and BC is insulting. UConn is, without question, a top 5 basketball program for the past several decades on par with any top hoops program in the country. This moron shows his age and lack of sports IQ to suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom