Dick Vitale's Preseason Top 40 | The Boneyard

Dick Vitale's Preseason Top 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Couple things: No SMU.... And, didn't realize Texas A&M was going to be highly regarded this year. If UConn gets by Michigan (ranked here) and Cuse (top 40) here, they will likely face Gonzaga or Texas A&M.

A win against Michigan is going to be huge. Could set UConn up for 3 big games.
Agreed. Michigan game could be one of the keys to the season. A win and you are most likely set up for a game against Syracuse and then either Texas A&M/Gonzaga. 3 really good RPI games on a neutral floor. Combine that with games against Maryland, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Texas and you have a lot of quality opponents in the non-conference.

Lose the Michigan game and you are playing Charlotte (RPI killer).

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Agree with everyone in this thread and Michigan is no slouch. They were banged up last year so they will be hungry to make their early season mark as well. Going to be a tough one.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's not an exaggeration to say that game could be worth 2-3 seed lines in March.

It's just great that Michigan game has to be on AXIS TV - which is not carried by cable company.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Michigan game could be one of the keys to the season. A win and you are most likely set up for a game against Syracuse and then either Texas A&M/Gonzaga. 3 really good RPI games on a neutral floor. Combine that with games against Maryland, Ohio State, Georgetown, and Texas and you have a lot of quality opponents in the non-conference.

Lose the Michigan game and you are playing Charlotte (RPI killer).
Yes. Just like the Wichita St win in the first round at Maui. If we lost that game, we wouldnt have faced Michigan St or UK. These situations are obviously more important than ever before since we have to play as many top 50-100 RPI teams to balance out the low RPI teams we are stuck playing every year.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Couple things: No SMU.... And, didn't realize Texas A&M was going to be highly regarded this year. If UConn gets by Michigan (ranked here) and Cuse (top 40) here, they will likely face Gonzaga or Texas A&M.

A win against Michigan is going to be huge. Could set UConn up for 3 big games.

A&M brought in an oustanding recruiting class. 4 Top 100-caliber players.

Reaction Score
It's just great that Michigan game has to be on AXIS TV - which is not carried by cable company.
is that the only station its on? I've never even heard of that before

Reaction Score
Comcast in the Hartford area doesn't carry AXS, major disappointment

Reaction Score
Is 15 the highest ranking we have seen thus far? As far as I remember we have been at best 16-25 in most rankings.

Not that any of them matter of course; just interested if Dukie was the one to give us the highest ranking before the season starts

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Hopefully there will be some kind of deal struck by tourney time to give fans some kind of access to see this game, huge disappointment if not. I remember watching all 3 games of the 2011 tourney on some random channel before ESPN started covering the event.

Reaction Score
Thankfully, it's on at 9:30 on the night before Thanksgiving so I will be able to make it to a bar for the game. Most sports bars have DirecTV, who does carry AXS TV. It's a huge game and I hope everyone gets an opportunity to watch it. That turkey will taste much better the next day after a big UConn victory and watching us beat Syracuse on ESPN. Also, if we beat Michigan is that the rest of our games will be on ESPN - if we lose they're all on AXS.

B4A_bracket_612x792_72dpi.jpg

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We can beat Michigan and still play Charlotte :rolleyes:
Naturally my 400th post is a "duckk cuse" post

This is one time I'm really, really pulling for Cuse to win against Charlotte.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Aren't they all PF's? Hopefully they aren't developed enough that early in the season.

One G, one combo F/stretch 4, and two traditional bigs.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
No SMU is ridiculous and Cinci at 40 is far too low. Time to take Dickie V out to pasture.

Reaction Score
Thankfully, it's on at 9:30 on the night before Thanksgiving so I will be able to make it to a bar for the game. Most sports bars have DirecTV, who does carry AXS TV. It's a huge game and I hope everyone gets an opportunity to watch it. That turkey will taste much better the next day after a big UConn victory and watching us beat Syracuse on ESPN. Also, if we beat Michigan is that the rest of our games will be on ESPN - if we lose they're all on AXS.

B4A_bracket_612x792_72dpi.jpg

They don't even know how to draw a bracket properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom