Dick Hoyt RIP | The Boneyard

Dick Hoyt RIP

Reaction Score
This guy was amazing, a hero for dedicating his life to his son and an unparalleled endurance athlete. If you've never heard of him, look up the HBO Real Sports episodes they did with him or the piece Rick Reilly wrote on him.

Dick Hoyt: Boston Marathon icon has died at age 80 - CNN

Reaction Score
This guy was amazing, a hero for dedicating his life to his son and an unparalleled endurance athlete. If you've never heard of him, look up the HBO Real Sports episodes they did with him or the piece Rick Reilly wrote on him.

Dick Hoyt: Boston Marathon icon has died at age 80 - CNN
met him in the Bradley Airport terminal once, congratulated him - very humble, gracious.

Reaction Score
Nice man. Met him many years earlier before the marathons. He was in the Air National Guard in Mass. Was a Major when I met him

Reaction Score
Freshman year in college, his son Rick had the room directly across the hall from mine.

I don't think dorm life suited him. He was there only a couple of months. He would come out into the lounge to hang with us, especially when we were watching movies. People would joke with him. He was always with someone who was his friend or possibly an aide. He was nonverbal back then, though I read an article years ago which said people can communicate and interact with him now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom