Diarra and Wilson | The Boneyard

Diarra and Wilson

Reaction Score
I know he is still on scholarship. Is he ever going to be healthy enough to play? After all the hype, and waiting for Wilson, looks as though he is another athletic guy. With marginal skills. Another incomplete player.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I know he is still on scholarship. Is he ever going to be healthy enough to play? After all the hype, and waiting for Wilson, looks as though he is another athletic guy. With marginal skills. Another incomplete player.
Exactly the type of player Calhoun used to recruit. I have no problem with Sid. He clearly has high major athletic ability and will be a heck of a player given some time to mature. He's a freshman, albeit a redshirt. Don't forget that.

Reaction Score
Give Wilson some time. He is a high flying wing with lots of athletic ability. He is the type of player that with the commitment and tutoring will blossom after a few years. I need more time to see him on the court to judge his basketball IQ but once he develops a jumper, he will be a very good player for us.

Reaction Score
You can see the flashes in Sid, he just needs reps in game situations. Hopefully the player we see come March will be vastly different than the one we see now, but he hasn't shown much improvement so far -- albeit he's only played 100 minutes of Divison 1 basketball.

Diarra can provide energy and rebounding -- two things this team needs BADLY -- but who knows what his conditioning/rust will be like if he even plays this year. We were told he'd be ready January/February, but at this point might not be worth playing him and hope for a 6th year of eligibility I suppose.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
On a strong UConn team, Wilson is a deep reserve player as a freshman. And he'd never, even play a minute at the 4. He's a SF or big SG.

Our roster construction has been terrible, because it forces us to play guys out of position. Jalen is a PG. Always has been. Al is PG. With both of them we lack outside shooting so we play our SG, Vital at the SG position. Fortunately he's a good rebounder. We play a big wing like Polley at the 4 and a PF like Cobb and Yawke at Center. Carlton is a center I suppose, just another guy who wouldn't see the floor much until Junior year on a strong team. It was even worse last year.

We are really missing Diarra, who would allow us to play more guys in positions where they can succeed. Last night we also badly missed Yawke.

Reaction Score
Wilson needs to change his shooting form badly if he expects to compete at this level. He can't shoot AT ALL.

Reaction Score
Wilson missing point blank lay ups is concerning. He will get better. But it would be nice to see him improving a little more.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Wilson needs to change his shooting form badly if he expects to compete at this level. He can't shoot AT ALL.
Feel like Gilbert has the smoothest jumpshot. It’s shown when he’s able to take pull up jumpers. Sure Polley and Vital are good spot up (most nights), but their pull ups are clunky.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Feel like Gilbert has the smoothest jumpshot. It’s shown when he’s able to take pull up jumpers. Sure Polley and Vital are good spot up (most nights), but their pull ups are clunky.
If Polley was a threat to shoot and score he wouldn’t be left open so many times, even on the 3-pt. line.

Gilbert needs to live in the film room because most of his mistakes are due to not need playing for 2 years and inexperience. He’ll be a great player for us.

Reaction Score
There’s been a big call that Diarra really changes the equation, so I ask, what is it after what we’ve seen from him before that suggests so?

Reaction Score
Looked like he was in between shooting a layup and dunking. Elevation certainly was not the issue on that play.
Exactly what I saw too, as I swore at the TV screen. He didn't make his mind up about what he was doing with the ball and that caused the miss. We missed wayyyyy too many point blank buckets last night, hard to watch

Reaction Score
Another Ollie preexisting injury recruit who will never do anything.

Reaction Score
If Polley was a threat to shoot and score he wouldn’t be left open so many times, even on the 3-pt. line.

Gilbert needs to live in the film room because most of his mistakes are due to not need playing for 2 years and inexperience. He’ll be a great player for us.
I believe he is too small to compete at this level. A lot of people sing his praises, but I haven't seen anything out of him yet.

Reaction Score
Exactly what I saw too, as I swore at the TV screen. He didn't make his mind up about what he was doing with the ball and that caused the miss. We missed wayyyyy too many point blank buckets last night, hard to watch

You should have been there in person.

Harder to watch an 8 point lead at the half that should have been 15 points.

Harder to watch the first half and first few minutes of the second half when the "crowd" was so quiet the arena had to play booming music at every break to try to simulate the feeling of life in the building.

Really harder to watch as UConn threw the game away and created a passionate crowd out of the 2,000 fans who sat on their hands until about 5 minutes into the second half.

The Bulls' fans never expected to win. They were resigned to another loss and there was no life and no cheering in the first half and it didn't start until the second half meltdown. Their fans were looking around as if to ask each other, "can this be happening? Could we possibly win this game?"

Looks like the last two years of Ollie's regime despite having some additional experience and a healthy Gilbert.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom