Diana Taurasi - all time leading scorer! | The Boneyard

Diana Taurasi - all time leading scorer!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think I saw a stat the other day that she did this in 110+ less games than Tina. 'Course, they don't call her "the Ball Hog Chick" for nothing.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Diana. Truly the Greatest Of All Time. It was great at the start of the game vs. LA to hear the glowing comments by Agler as well as what all the players and teammates she's ever played with universally talk about what a great person and teammate she is. I know she plays with a 'tude, but as a person and teammate, she's 2nd to none...!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The GOAT!!!

She on the UConn Mt. Rushmore of program all time greats.....her, Geno, Maya and Sue, Lobo, Stewie, other ??????? There can only be 4. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
She on the UConn Mt. Rushmore of program all time greats.....her, Geno, Maya and Sue, Lobo, Stewie, other ??????? There can only be 4. :rolleyes:
If there can be only 4 then it should be IMO DT, Maya, Stewie and Geno. If a 4th player (instead of Geno) then I'll go with Bird (DT and Bird games in 2002 are the main reason I became a UConn fan)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Congratulations!!! :)

She just passed Tina Thompson. While no one is surprised, it's still quite a milestone!

"Congratulations to Diana on becoming the WNBA’s all-time leading scorer," Thompson said in a statement released by the WNBA. "I am excited that it is Diana and it is my absolute pleasure to pass the torch on to her. She and I have shared so many amazing moments throughout our basketball careers, whether it was gold medals, championships or all-star games. Diana is one of the best players to ever play the game and definitely one of my favorites. She has done amazing things and I am so grateful that I’ve been able to share many of those with her. I am really excited for Diana and I think she is going to blow that record out of the water.”

If points in the regular season and playoffs are combined, Tamika Catchings is still the record holder with 8,521 points while Taurasi is at 8,489.

When you qualify to be on two Mt. Rushmores, you know you've really achieved greatness. D is firmly planted on UConn's Mt. Rushmore, and now she has cemented a spot on the WNBA's Mt. Rushmore of all time league greats as well. The cherry on top of her extraordinary playing career would be the 4 Olympic Gold Medals she has. We may not see another player as dominant (and consistent) as D in our lifetimes. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
A stroll down memory lane with D........

[LINK] = Her top 10 plays in WNBA

[LINK] = Post game interview with D after breaking Thompson's scoring record.

upload_2017-6-19_21-16-47.jpeg

Reaction Score
Here's a nice article that I saw on another site. In the the last sentence of the last paragraph Taurasi sums up what UConn women's basketball is all about and should be carved into a wall at the practice facility where every prospective recruit can read it.

Mercury's Taurasi adds to resume with WNBA scoring mark

"The one thing I've always said is I want to be a good teammate," she said. "To this day, I've been working on being a great teammate and that goes beyond going onto the court and playing hard, making sure you're ready to play. That's the one thing I learned from being at Connecticut and being around coach (Geno) Auriemma is to get the best out of yourself and the best out of other people."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom