diamond deshields | The Boneyard

diamond deshields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is one hell of a player........She want to win NC's........Where else but UCONN.........They might have it locked up for the next 6 years or more......

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing. It's obvious she's a UCONN type player :D

JS

Reaction Score
What player does she mention in her last statement?
It's either Donna or Diana.

And since I don't know who, among legendary players, Donna could be . . .

Reaction Score
She said her own name. She was saying how she hopes to be one of the players people mention in the future.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
She is just a kid...she has trainers pushing her to develop the killer instinct. I don't think it is any big deal..besides by the time she gets to Storrs and Geno and staff get a hold of her...she will be 100 percent on board with Geno's system...count on it...

Reaction Score
Is she? Focus seems to be on Diamond the legend. Diana and Maya were team focused.
My first thought, too, NCorBust, but I have to agree with Cferr. Hope we get the chance to find out:rolleyes:

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Diana always said that Geno told her over and over that she was selfish. She thought it meant that she wasn't passing enough; he meant that she needed to think about the team all the time, in everything. I think that kind of thing can be learned. Diana was branded "cocky" coming out of high school, and look how well she turned out!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I really hope Diamond joins the UCONN family!!!!! As talented as the 2013 class is, Diamond and one other player would all we really would need!!!!

Reaction Score
Is she? Focus seems to be on Diamond the legend. Diana and Maya were team focused.

Isn't it a little too early to be raising questions like that?

(Obviously the coaching staff must not have similar concerns. After all she is our top recruiting priority for 2013.)

Give the kid a break. She isn't even here yet.

Peace,

John Fryer

Reaction Score
Isn't it a little too early to be raising questions like that?

(Obviously the coaching staff must not have similar concerns. After all she is our top recruiting priority for 2013.)

Give the kid a break. She isn't even here yet.

Peace,

John Fryer

I said it was my feeling. Others can express a concern and so can I. Speculation is this board's currency. Sheesh but you are overly sensitive.

Reaction Score
She is just a kid...she has trainers pushing her to develop the killer instinct. I don't think it is any big deal..besides by the time she gets to Storrs and Geno and staff get a hold of her...she will be 100 percent on board with Geno's system...count on it...
I am!

Reaction Score
My first thought, too, NCorBust, but I have to agree with Cferr. Hope we get the chance to find out:rolleyes:
Like I said I probably am reading her wrong. It has been many moons since I have been around teenagers. And even then God knows I did not understand them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She said her own name. She was saying how she hopes to be one of the players people mention in the future.

Yep. And what better place to become iconic, than UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Diamond did appear focused on herself, rather than team results--her team is now only 3-2. But she is setting the bar high for herself, and she is working hard. She may need Geno as much as he needs her.

Reaction Score
Diamond did appear focused on herself, rather than team results--her team is now only 3-2. But she is setting the bar high for herself, and she is working hard. She may need Geno as much as he needs her.
Still, something intangible has me concerned.
I still like Tara better for us; just instinct, don't ask me for a reason.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She might thrive in an atmosphere like UConn's, where she will have to actually fight for playing time. She seems vey competitive and won't settle for not playing, and if that means buying into a team philosophy I bet she can do it. I don't know that we can judge teenagers based on Twitter and five minute interviews.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She might thrive in an atmosphere like UConn's, where she will have to actually fight for playing time. She seems vey competitive and won't settle for not playing, and if that means buying into a team philosophy I bet she can do it. I don't know that we can judge teenagers based on Twitter and five minute interviews.
Well said. Geno and CD scour the country every year looking for young women they want to come to UConn, and there are currently exactly three they're actively pursuing for 2013. That's it- three. Diamond is one of them. Additionally, Jen thought enough of Diamond to put her on the U19 team. She was the only 2013 kid to have that distinction, and it's not an insignificant one.

That's not to say Geno, CD, or Jen are infallible, but they certainly have more to go on, and enough of a track record of success, that if Geno and CD want her at UConn (and btw, so do a number of girls in the three classes above her), then I want her at UConn. If she commits and matriculates, she has the kind of athleticism to thrive in Geno's system. Think Tiffany Hayes but taller and with a better outside shot...or think what Glory Johnson would be in Geno's system. She's a damn fine player, and as many damn fine players as are already on campus or will be, we'd still be lucky to have her.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well said. Geno and CD scour the country every year looking for young women they want to come to UConn, and there are currently exactly three they're actively pursuing for 2013. That's it- three. Diamond is one of them. Additionally, Jen thought enough of Diamond to put her on the U19 team. She was the only 2013 kid to have that distinction, and it's not an insignificant one.

That's not to say Geno, CD, or Jen are infallible, but they certainly have more to go on, and enough of a track record of success, that if Geno and CD want her at UConn (and btw, so do a number of girls in the three classes above her), then I want her at UConn. If she commits and matriculates, she has the kind of athleticism to thrive in Geno's system. Think Tiffany Hayes but taller and with a better outside shot...or think what Glory Johnson would be in Geno's system. She's a damn fine player, and as many damn fine players as are already on campus or will be, we'd still be lucky to have her.

No offense to Tiff (or to Diamond) but I think of Diamond as a different type of player - though not totally dissimilar by any means.

And yes, I DO want her most of all out of the 2013 class!! :cool:

education_diamond.jpg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I made the comparison in terms of the ridiculous athleticism. Diamond is three inches taller, smoother, and seems more consistent from the outside. In other words, she'd be a matchup nightmare from the wing in a way Tiff isn't, but she could bring the same energy to the floor Tiff does. All told, it's a pretty frightening combo. I definitely want to see that dynamic at Storrs, and I definitely dot want us to have to face it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom