Diaco's message seems to be reaching the UConn players (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Diaco's message seems to be reaching the UConn players (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
>>Through all of us the opinions of those most important in Diaco's master plan were not often heard from when discussing the new era of UConn football. It matters little what the people outside the program - including media members like myself - think of the changes. Ultimately, he needs to have the players buy into what he is selling. Diaco predicted that there would be some attrition as some players simply did not fit into his way of doing business and others simply felt they would be better elsewhere. However, as I made the rounds at team media day on Thursday, it was clear to me that the players who remained are very much in tune with their head coach. That is the focus of a story that will be running in the Register tomorrow. Space limitations prevented from getting all the best quotes on the subject into my piece so I will use this space to accomplish that feat.<<

Take a few: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/08/diacos-message-seems-to-be-reaching.html

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Another good read. Some good material coming out of the UCONN beat in the past few weeks/months.

OUTSTANDING quote from Graham Stewart:

"I take great pride in having Coach Diaco as my coach. If I ever make a mistake or an error, I am more upset because I don't want to let him down because I want to show him that I am absorbing anything that he is trying to teach me and exemplifying the type of player that he would want me to be."

Dooley

Reaction Score
Players how about the fans. Anyone else up their workouts since Diaco took over?

Ha! I know you're joking but I've actually dropped 12 pounds in the past month getting ready for the season. I reported to camp WAY overweight though. The 12 pounds I've lost came from simply removing the ice cream IV I've had pumped into my body all summer long!

Dooley

Reaction Score
I also think that Diaco's energy is rubbing off on our media too. The content we're getting this camp has been simply outstanding (aside from that one tool's complaints about being a "closed camp"). I think the players, the fans and the media are ready for Friday! #HuskyUp

Reaction Score
Ha! I know you're joking but I've actually dropped 12 pounds in the past month getting ready for the season. I reported to camp WAY overweight though. The 12 pounds I've lost came from simply removing the ice cream IV I've had pumped into my body all summer long!
Nice! Way to improve your body composition. Actually. I have upped my cardio and watched diet since April and lost 40. Mine was due to a kegerator I got for Christmas two years ago

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
"If you treat them with love and respect they will do anything for you" -Pete Carroll
He was recently asked how he got the Seattle players to come together for their super bowl run and that was his response. Sounds familiar....

Reaction Score
Another good read. Some good material coming out of the UCONN beat in the past few weeks/months.
Not Mr Davis. He has a no access pass. What a d c k. Great timing there!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I'm down 10 pounds since July, but that's because all the soccer I was playing ended up causing me some plantar fasciitis. Apparently, 213 isn't "soccer weight". But now, I'm at a very svelte 203... :cool:

Dooley

Reaction Score
Not Mr Davis. He has a no access pass. What a d c k. Great timing there!

That guy can go punt. But we've been getting great content from the rest of the horde.

Reaction Score
The article referenced above: http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20140824/uconn-coach-bob-diaco-taking-huskies-in-new-directions

>>“Coach Diaco has done such a great job at generating a team, a family environment in this building, everyone from the coaching staff to the players, anybody who has a role on this team,” UConn senior center Alex Mateas said. “He created a really good environment on this team and with something like that he is creating something special and something greater than us individually.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom