Diaco's Dogs...through a blizzard | The Boneyard

Diaco's Dogs...through a blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When the team comes out from the tunnel, instead of running through fire extinguishers...Have the Husky Mascot jonathan come out on a sled being pulled by husky dogs going through a blizzard of white confetti..They can use the confetti cannons they shoot at all the championship games at the end of the games... I think they use some kind of compressed gas....But that would be cool and be a start of our new tradition...Who let the dogs out...

Reaction Score
When the team comes out from the tunnel, instead of running through fire extinguishers...Have the Husky Mascot jonathan come out on a sled being pulled by husky dogs going through a blizzard of white confetti..They can use the confetti cannons they shoot at all the championship games at the end of the games... I think they use some kind of compressed gas....But that would be cool and be a start of our new tradition...Who let the dogs out...
We've suggested this many times over the years. Stadium management & the athletic department have no clue. There's a sled dog association in state. They'd probably love to help. But, God no, we can't have those pesky canines drop their poo on our lawn.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We've suggested this many times over the years. Stadium management & the athletic department have no clue. There's a sled dog association in state. They'd probably love to help. But, God no, we can't have those pesky canines drop their poo on our lawn.

This really would not be a problem (especially when you consider that Oklahoma uses horses). Dogs are territorial. It would take all of a weekend to train the dogs where we want them to go (as opposed to horses who will drop one anywhere, without even stopping to do so).

I have hear the arguments of crow noise but I imagine there could be some way to protect the dogs' ear drums while running the up the sidelines a few times during the game.

Reaction Score
Do we really want to use an opening which highlights a cold weather environment? We want recruits to have warm thoughts.

Reaction Score
Yes we do, and one of those warm thoughts can be of a cool gameday environment. I'm prettysure they know Connecticut is not down south and that late season games are often in the cold. The name of the team already suggests its environment; know of any southern schools with a Husky for a mascot?

Reaction Score
Do we really want to use an opening which highlights a cold weather environment? We want recruits to have warm thoughts.
There's nothing warmer than the smiling facial expression of a Husky, let alone a pack of them!

Reaction Score
I think this would be awesome. I can picture it with the fog and confetti, the sled dogs and Jonathan, the team following and a FULL stadium of fans going rabid at the start of the game. Could be quite a different look from what we got going now. Recruits obviously don't choose Uconn for its great weather. Perhaps having great facilities and that new cooler players lounge will be enough give recruits the warm fuzzies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No bashing here but one would have to believe the recruits will graduate high school with a knowledge of where CT is located. The improved standards for admission will almost guarantee this. That and for those that come to the summer camps they will notice the lack of Palm Trees in CT.

Hell, I don't care if they come in on The Coors Light freezing freight train with a burst of tundra temperature if it will get the warm and fuzzy CT fans off their a$$e$ and on their feet! I also think a bigger problem is getting more people in The Dog House when the team comes on the field.

Reaction Score
A bigger problem is getting more people in the Dog House when the team comes on the field.

Bingo. Our failure to have a full raucous stadium as the TV lights come on gives credence to all those who doubt UConn's commitment to the sport. Until we overcome that stigma there could be naked women in dog costumes leading the team out and it wouldn't matter.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I think this would be awesome. I can picture it with the fog and confetti, the sled dogs and Jonathan, the team following and a FULL stadium of fans going rabid at the start of the game. Could be quite a different look from what we got going now. Recruits obviously don't choose Uconn for its great weather. Perhaps having great facilities and that new cooler players lounge will be enough give recruits the warm fuzzies.
Whoa Nellie, "A FULL Stadium of fans going rabid at the start of the game". That is quite a picture in a mind's eye. Sending chills out on this cold January morning. That would preclude a full stadium 15 minutes before kickoff. Can the turn around in the fan base be whipped up into a frenzy that quickly? Don't think so but the vision is a good one.

Reaction Score
Bingo. Our failure to have a full raucous stadium as the TV lights come on gives credence to all those who doubt UConn's commitment to the sport. Until we overcome that stigma there could be naked women in dog costumes leading the team out and it wouldn't matter.

View attachment 4805

Hell, I don't care if they come in on The Coors Light freezing freight train with a burst of tundra temperature if it will get the warm and fuzzy CT fans off their a$$e$ and on their feet! I also think a bigger problem is getting more people in The Dog House when the team comes on the field.

Precisely, my biggest pet peeve is above with fans not getting in on time. PEOPLE DO Things because they want or have too.
Precluding a great team to watch/good teams coming in-notwithstanding
1)as a start, it MIGHT HELP, though I doubt it, if they open the gates 2 hours earlier for tailgating at 1 instead of 3:15-3:30PM for a night game.
2) GET a better TRAFFIC flow thru Hartford into the stadium
3)have a Lottery.
4)have a pre-game concert.
5)FREAK IT!! DO Something.......

Reaction Score
The band performs before the the team takes the field, they show highlights and a good intro video before the team takes the field, they've offered give always to the first X# of fans entering at each gate, etc... Nope, I put it on each person to get in their before the team takes the field, if that's what they want to do. The problem is the game is secondary to a lot of people, the social element is a bigger driver.

I am all for giving Nostical's idea of naked women a shot though (scrap the dog costume, maybe just a little body paint).

Reaction Score
The band performs before the the team takes the field, they show highlights and a good intro video before the team takes the field, they've offered give always to the first X# of fans entering at each gate, etc... Nope, I put it on each person to get in their before the team takes the field, if that's what they want to do. The problem is the game is secondary to a lot of people, the social element is a bigger driver.

I am all for giving Nostical's idea of naked women a shot though (scrap the dog costume, maybe just a little body paint).

Which drives back to my earlier point about people doing things BECAUSE THEY WANT TO OR NEED TO....
If it is more of a social event, then start it earlier in the day so at least some the PARTY People can get partied out and get into the Freakin game on time. Man it pisses me off....

Reaction Score
Whoa Nellie, "A FULL Stadium of fans going rabid at the start of the game". That is quite a picture in a mind's eye. Sending chills out on this cold January morning. That would preclude a full stadium 15 minutes before kickoff. Can the turn around in the fan base be whipped up into a frenzy that quickly? Don't think so but the vision is a good one.

Yes, you are right. The sled idea is plausible and would be a nice tradition to add, but it won't likely be enough to get this fickle fan base thinking B1G. The energy at the Gampel last night is what I would like to see at the Rent. I like Colt's lottery idea as well, but announce the winner only at the conclusion of the game. How about loading that sled with loyal fans that showed up early to support the team?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This not filling the stadium issue at kickoff is an issue across the country. It's not just a UConn thing. People would just rather finish tailgating instead of watching pre-game. I wish there was a solution but I don't think there is. Just keep trying new things and hopefully eventually one of them will work.

Reaction Score
Gilligan - I wanted to pass along my condolences relative to the death of the Professor. Never east losing a close friend.

RIP Professor (I wonder why Ginger or MaryAnn never guy pregnant, were Gillian, the Skipper and the professor gay?? If I was shipwrecked with Ginger or MaryAnn, there would be kids running around...:) )

Reaction Score
RIP Professor (I wonder why Ginger or MaryAnn never guy pregnant, were Gillian, the Skipper and the professor gay?? If I was shipwrecked with Ginger or MaryAnn, there would be kids running around...:) )
Dunno, Maybe it wasn't the guys....Ginger and MaryAnn- gay???.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom