Diaco | The Boneyard

Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diaco has gotten crushed here by many fans and rightfully so, we looked horrendous for much of the season. The last two weeks and especially today we looked like a different team. It's amazing how much better I feel about our future after the last couple of weeks, we are still very far away from where we hope to be and should be but we are now seeing some very promising things from coach D. It's a process and we need more talent but I feel pretty good about the direction Bob Diaco is taking us in. Keep in mind this is his first head gig and it's supposed to be bumpy.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed. I always preach patience here with him. In my mind, he gets a 1-year mulligan. The team is clearly not quitting on the season and that's most important to me, at this point. If we can win few more games like today, that bodes well for 2015 confidence. Just watching the last few games, we're definitely getting better.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
What you are starting to see is the process Diaco talked about earlier in the season taking hold. Players are more aware of their assignments and how to react to various game situations. And the process never stops. Its cyclical. Good coaching always spirals back to the basics of the sport.

You are seeing the results of the coaching staff's becoming familiar with the talent available and working with the players to utilize their skills and put them in the best position to win.

Reaction Score
Most encouraging? The plays being made by young players on both sides of the field. Noel Thomas, Thomas Lucas, Newsome, Ron Johnson. Cole Ormsby, all the young DBs. Levy and Knappe making huge strides on the offensive line.

Today's game was well coached, though I hope Diaco took some notes on how O'leary managed the game clock late to give his guys a chance. I think this game today was better coached by the UConn staff than almost any in the P era. Maybe Louisville, but today was a good job by coaches and young players.

Reaction Score
excellent that regime found dee thinkin caps

the playing field is finally open for business

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
Let's not get crazy sucking Diaco's popsicle yet, he's still delusional. But our defense is high FBS quality, and he has made it even better. Offensively I'm not going to get too excited or give him any credit at all but today we took advantage of the plays our defense made.

Reaction Score
Everyone is making strides. The OL still has a ways to go but they look like a completely different unit than what they looked like against Tulane. Diaco did not make one head scratching decision today. Outside of that one long ridiculous TD, the defense played well and actually created TO's for a change.

Just a great effort and a great win today. Halftime stuff was great as well. Great day.

Reaction Score
You know who else looks like he is going to be a player is, Vontae Diggs. He forced an incomplete pass on a delayed blitz call where he looked like he was shot out fo a cannon.

Who started in place of Ashiru today?

Reaction Score
I think it was Junior Joseph.
Okay, he def hits harder than Ashiru, though i pictured him as more of an inside LB. Ashiru has more of a finesse game, though he has def made his share of plays. Joseph stops RBs in their tracks, even phyiscal ones like Stanback.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Let's not get crazy sucking Diaco's popsicle yet...

Why the heck not? He just won as a double-digit underdog. He went for it 4th down early. When he found that UCF had trouble with the wildcat he kept going back to it. At 4th and goal, no less. He kept the team going all day, especially after that Whitmer fumble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why the heck not? He just won as a double-digit underdog. He went for it 4th down early. When he found that UCF had trouble with the wildcat he kept going back to it. At 4th and goal, no less. He kept the team going all day, especially after that Whitmer fumble.

If Diaco becomes known as the guy who goes on fourth down I will lead the virtual popsicle sucking.

Kicking is for losers.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Gimme gimme gimme one of those...

Reaction Score
If Diaco becomes known as the guy who goes on fourth down I will lead the virtual popsicle sucking.

To each his own :D

kate_upton_gq_bikini_popsicle_july_2012_1-760x1073.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Most encouraging? The plays being made by young players on both sides of the field. Noel Thomas, Thomas Lucas, Newsome, Ron Johnson. Cole Ormsby, all the young DBs. Levy and Knappe making huge strides on the offensive line.

Today's game was well coached, though I hope Diaco took some notes on how O'leary managed the game clock late to give his guys a chance. I think this game today was better coached by the UConn staff than almost any in the P era. Maybe Louisville, but today was a good job by coaches and young players.

Are you referring to how UCF used all three second half time outs by the 8 minutes left? I know the clock stops to spot 1st downs, but that is far too early.

Reaction Score
Good win! Gutsy win. Not sure if the 12th man was the field conditions or Jasper looking down and willing them to win. Maybe a little of both.

You could tell the weather was definitely bothering the UCF QB but hey.... both teams had to play in it. I thought Stanback was going to single hand-idly win it for UCF but once the offense got going(which took forever) UConn out rushed the Knights. Only 2 sacks for UCF which I contribute to both UConn QB's being more mobile than in the past and slippery conditions which ultimately gave Whitmer a little extra time. I like the Wildcat led by Foxx but he needs to put up and complete a couple passes or that too will be too predictable for opposing defenses. Nice to see the UConn D turn UCF over 4 times. Gotta love Diaco's enthusiasm on the sidelines. He's out-cheering the cheerleaders.
Sparse crowd(under 3K) but winning will change that in a hurry. Who was it that got hurt on UConn's D? Was that Ashiru? Questionable coaching strat by UCF regarding the second half timeouts. Even down by three scores at the time I'd be keeping one in my pocket just in case I did score twice and had a chance to get the ball back a third time. Although, they did make a comeback and were in position to tie it up late. O-line is improving...YAY!!!
UConn gets the Knights again next week. The crowd should be a lot better. Hopefully the weather will be too.

Thanks Jaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate