Diaco to be on College Football Live | The Boneyard

Diaco to be on College Football Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He really does excel at offseason interviews. He'll get everyone fired up for UCONN football like only he can.

Agreed mostly - his Hiring Day interview had me ready to tackle people running towards break room - unless he gets off track by spending too much time on one subject.

Reaction Score
He will probably talk about the calming blue paint in the Rent locker room that changes to a fiery red leaving the tunnel onto to the field to fire the team up!

Reaction Score
He'll be fine. Whoever interviews him will probably be hearing the rebuilding song for the first time. Hope he knocks it out of the park because we need him to. If he was trying to set the bar low for year 2 he's succeeded there.

Reaction Score
Since UConn football doesn't move the Twitter needle, I'll be surprised if the host can resist asking him to comment about Notre Dame' and Brian Kelly.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Can anyone speculate on what school he was referring to regarding the interview?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wow the host of the show essentially just told Diaco to his face that Uconn should shut down football. This is such a setup it's ridiculous.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What were the hosts exact words?

Reaction Score
Wow the host of the show essentially just told Diaco to his face that Uconn should shut down football. This is such a setup it's ridiculous.

I think they were just pointing out the unique position UConn is in. They make plenty of money because of their basketball programs, but as the host pointed out, at the time being, they are not P5 nor do they have the national recognition in football as a USC or Alabama, which stacks the odds against them football-wise unless they are able to create a solid product despite their conference. Really, the host was just stating the obvious, and Diaco gave a straight answer. The co-host pointed out that they're far less likely to fold than a UAB because of the success of their other programs and other revenues. People know who UConn is despite football. UAB is hardly on the map, with or without football.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think they were just pointing out the unique position UConn is in. They make plenty of money because of their basketball programs, but as the host pointed out, at the time being, they are not P5 nor do they have the national recognition in football as a USC or Alabama, which stacks the odds against them football-wise unless they are able to create a solid product despite their conference. Really, the host was just stating the obvious, and Diaco gave a straight answer. The co-host pointed out that they're far less likely to fold than a UAB because of the success of their other programs and other revenues. People know who UConn is despite football. UAB is hardly on the map, with or without football.

My impression also.

Reaction Score
Surprise. He comes off as a young head football coach.

Reaction Score
Can anyone speculate on what school he was referring to regarding the interview?

If I'm not mistaking it was BC, he had an interview with BC. Apparently BC wanted him to move immediately to Chestnut Hill, but Diaco wanted to stay and coach Notre Damns defense before he left... BC was not having it, then hired Addazio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom