Diaco Speaks | The Boneyard

Diaco Speaks

Reaction Score
Diaco Q&A in The Athletic today: Q&A: Oklahoma linebackers coach Bob Diaco on his future, his...

Some interesting quotes:
Oklahoma outside linebackers coach Bob Diaco doesn’t know where it is.
“I have no idea,” Diaco told The Athletic on Thursday during Orange Bowl media day. “Like I’ve said before, that part of my life, I’ve kind of boxed up, put a lock on that thing and sunk it to the bottom of the ocean forever.”
“It” in this case is the Civil ConFLiCT trophy.

Like at Connecticut — I almost have trouble even saying it because I loved it so much. I loved those guys. And I poured my heart and soul into it. It’s still very hard, still very hurtful. But I can’t even tell you what the narrative was at the end. I just totally insulated myself and moved on to the next challenge.

Reaction Score
Like at Connecticut — I almost have trouble even saying it because I loved it so much. I loved those guys. And I poured my heart and soul into it. It’s still very hard, still very hurtful. But I can’t even tell you what the narrative was at the end. I just totally insulated myself and moved on to the next challenge.

Bullcrap. He did not insulate himself........ he spectacularly insulated himself.

Reaction Score
Bullcrap. He did not insulate himself... he spectacularly insulated himself.
If he insulated himself, that would’ve been the best case scenario. Instead, he embarrassed himself and the university on a national level.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the bright side, Diaco is getting better at landings his space shuttle.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The man has a (very small) chance to coach in the national championship for two separate schools. Guys like, especially in their 40s, will be around for a loooonnnggg time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Sometimes I miss Bob Diaco. Sue me
1545975091776.png

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He could have a brain tumor. Maybe we are the insulated ones but I think he is bat crap crazy.

C

Chief00

Sometimes I miss Bob Diaco. Sue me
I think he probably is a very good linebacker coach. His putting the crazy past in the past may not be accountable but it’s probably healthy. Of course, he is capable of creating a whole new crazy path.

Reaction Score
Well, looking at it in a positive light, he did handle that well and I’m grateful. He said he loved it here, loved the guys, and it hurts to even say Connecticut. That’s humble and humanizing. I’m ready to forgive and forget.
Will make him a much easier re-hire than Edsall since he says it hurt to leave.

Reaction Score
I am starting to believe that the trophy was actually sunk by Bobby. Someday, one of the draggers out of Stonington will pull it up. I also believe that he put fish sauce in a cake recipe once because no one without that direct experience could have ever come up with that analogy.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think he probably is a very good linebacker coach. His putting the crazy past in the past may not be accountable but it’s probably healthy. Of course, he is capable of creating a whole new crazy path.
Were his concussions ever diagnosed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom