Diaco Speak | The Boneyard

Diaco Speak

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Mike Anthony story made me think that Diaco's biggest communication problem isn't with the media but with his players. True, he is largely liked by his players but does he effectively communicate?

How different is a rambling opening intro at his press conference from his inability to get a play in on time or to manage the clock during a 2 minute drill?

A lack of concise, understandable direction is perhaps what this team is missing. Remember the first season when he incoherently broke it down into 3 chunks - and the first one sounded like a youth soccer game where the lead soccer mom coach has decided not to keep score since someone's feelings may get hurt.

Coaches who talk too much often lose their team when it comes to execution.

When we listen to Diaco on the radio for 15 minutes and then say - what did he actually mean. Is it a shock that so often we come out of halftime without any meaningful adjustments?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They should hand out Diacospeak dictionaries along with the playbooks on the opening day of practice. This guy talks like he's reciting fortune cookie messages.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Even better...just download the app.
diacospeak.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diaco often rambles at his press conferences.

That same pattern may carry over to how he communicates with his player making his teaching less effective.

It may also carry over to his in-game communication with his staff. Succinct communication is essential during the game where almost all decisions are time critical.

See what I did there?

Reaction Score
If he talks to his players like that during practice or games he can't be a head coach. There are people I work with that I avoid talking to at all costs, because it takes them 20 words to say what can easily be said in 5. My assistant knows who those people are and I won't schedule meetings with them that last longer than 15 minutes because I know they will go 30. If I was a player I would tune out after 10 seconds if I wasn't getting something meaningful out of the interaction.

"Bob - I know you love me - just *^%$ing tell me what to do"

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think admitting that he has no (and does not intend to have any) input on details of the offense was a red flag, especially when no one on the offensive staff has experience being The Man when it comes to game-planning or play calling.

I am still hoping against hope that Diaco finds his way through. Temple is really really good though.

C

Chief00

Diaco often rambles at his press conferences.

That same pattern may carry over to how he communicates with his player making his teaching less effective.

It may also carry over to his in-game communication with his staff. Succinct communication is essential during the game where almost all decisions are time critical.

See what I did there?

But if I did not give examples (chunking up season, etc) - then the criticism would be unsubstantiated .

Reaction Score
I'm exhausted from trying to psychoanalyze Fiasco. What I see is a losing record and poor play, whatever the reason. Not our problem to fix unless they want to pay start paying BY for consulting advice.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Mike Anthony story made me think that Diaco's biggest communication problem isn't with the media but with his players. True, he is largely liked by his players but does he effectively communicate?

How different is a rambling opening intro at his press conference from his inability to get a play in on time or to manage the clock during a 2 minute drill?

A lack of concise, understandable direction is perhaps what this team is missing. Remember the first season when he incoherently broke it down into 3 chunks - and the first one sounded like a youth soccer game where the lead soccer mom coach has decided not to keep score since someone's feelings may get hurt.

Coaches who talk too much often lose their team when it comes to execution.

When we listen to Diaco on the radio for 15 minutes and then say - what did he actually mean. Is it a shock that so often we come out of halftime without any meaningful adjustments?
I think that is hitting the nail on the head. Sometimes you just need the coach to say hit him in the mouth !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom