Diaco quote thread - for AD Benedict | The Boneyard

Diaco quote thread - for AD Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Date: 9/23/2014
Post USF game. The decide to run only on offense game.

Quote:
I am watching the special teams, I am watching the defense play, and got a chance to watch our first four passes. If I didn't intervene, I was concerned the game would be 35-0, 28-0. I'm more inclined to play ping pong and win the game on special teams than just continue to call plays on offense just to call plays on offense.

"Based on climate, early passes we saw, and based on how backed up like we were, that's why the play pattern tried to tilt (to run only)"

Diaco can never shut down the passing game again

Reaction Score
Date: 10/29/2016
Post game ECU

Quote:
"Defensively, it's like you're constantly on the field, on a short field and every time you turn around you're back out there again, 40 seconds later, and the backs are against the wall," Diaco said. "It's just no way to play defense, for sure, 41 points. But there's a deeper subtext there. The defense, for a good portion, played way better than that. We need points. We need drives. That's what creates hope and energy and excitement and belief. We're just reeling in that area."

UConn's The Answer To ECU's Woes

Reaction Score
Date: 11/7/2015
Post game Tulane 7-3 win - only score a Defensive touchdown pick6

Quote:
The team fought and persevered. They busted their butts. They played hard for four quarters and they believed. They prepared well, and in all three phases, there were positive things to talk about.”

UConn Vs. Tulane Quotes

Reaction Score
Date: 10/25/2016
Post game UCF the fake-fake-real FG game

Quote:

"Let's target 6 year olds to 16 year olds. How bout that? Eventually they're going to be 18 to 35. Let's broadcast our games on Nickelodeon! Let's create some real intrigue. Let's create some real followership. That's all i was trying to do. With love and respect and energy and thoughtfulness. I didn't make this up. I didn't create this thing out of nowhere."

UConn football coach Diaco on ‘Civil ConFLiCT’ debacle: ‘I don’t understand why it was a bad idea’

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the Fish Oil Cake and Batman References I see on here?

Reaction Score
Date: 11/22/2016
Post game shutout 30-0 to BC pregame senior day.

Quote:
The Huskies come into the game ranked last in scoring and 122nd in total offense among the nation's 128 Bowl Subdivision teams. Diaco, who replaced his offensive coordinator earlier this season, told reporters Tuesday that while it seems the program is a "mess," that is not the case. He said knows "exactly what needs to be fixed."

Diaco says he will fix UConn's problems

Reaction Score
Alright. Thats the point. Take it and run with it BY - if you feel like it.

I'm done with this snake oil salesman. I'm not a big contributor to the UCADF, but I will stop payments and not complete my pledge year for the first time ever since I started, if this guy is the head coach after Jan.1.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the Fish Oil Cake and Batman References I see on here?

The real energy vampire.

2016-11-23-10-48-51--1301677396.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
13 of 15 posts before mine in this thread are from Carl. That should tell you something, Spack.

Right or wrong, there is a bout a 3.5% chance that Diaco is dismissed, and if I were a betting man (At the tables, sure, but not on sports), I'd take the under.

Let this thread die a dignified death.

Reaction Score
"Common thought might be you're on the right track, this thing has turned, you have a game and a moment where the stadium storms the field and we're singing and dancing and hugging as a collective UConn Nation," Diaco said. "And then to get off the plane in South Florida to play in the St. Petersburg Bowl ... it would be easy to say we're just going to pick up where we left off. But you grab the fish oil. Now you have fish cake. The jar of vanilla looks very similar to the jar of fish oil. It would be very easy to do, but how different it would taste. It would be a completely different product altogether. It's important that with even one new ingredient, one new change, that we re-put the whole thing back together."

And the Batman story?

"We're really honing in on and harping on the overall understanding of what it means to defend and be a defender," Diaco said. "So we've taken the imagery of Batman. We have video on the overhead and went through it all and talked about how Batman has no special powers, he's just a regular guy who made a decision to train and prepare and commit his life to defending."

Diaco At Middlesex Chamber Breakfast: Fish Cake, Batman ... And Football

Reaction Score
13 of 15 posts before mine in this thread are from Carl. That should tell you something, Spack.

Right or wrong, there is a bout a 3.5% chance that Diaco is dismissed, and if I were a betting man (At the tables, sure, but not on sports), I'd take the under.

Absolutely not. If I'm the only f---king voice of reason - it should tell YOU something. This is a big turning point for the UCONN athletic department. The school is either committed to Division 1 athletics and football and demonstrates understsnding that $5million dollars is a drop in the bucket and figures it out, or we establish the reputation as a joke.

Make no mistake, among our peer institutions in conference and in local geography - we are a joke.

We lost to Syracuse, Boston College and Temple this season.

George Deleone's offensive line at Temple destroyed us. The game was over after the first three possessions. Addazio's BC team shut us out and could have been worse than 30-0. Pasqualoni's D line held us to negative rushing yards.

Syracuse - bob diaco's healthy D he keeps talking about got torched. Never mind them - Maine f---king torched our defense.

Who are we going to win recruiting battles with if this car salesman stays on as coach?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You thinking you are the only voice of reason is rich.

More likely is that others don't see the value in piling on.

Reaction Score
"Common thought might be you're on the right track, this thing has turned, you have a game and a moment where the stadium storms the field and we're singing and dancing and hugging as a collective UConn Nation," Diaco said. "And then to get off the plane in South Florida to play in the St. Petersburg Bowl ... it would be easy to say we're just going to pick up where we left off. But you grab the fish oil. Now you have fish cake. The jar of vanilla looks very similar to the jar of fish oil. It would be very easy to do, but how different it would taste. It would be a completely different product altogether. It's important that with even one new ingredient, one new change, that we re-put the whole thing back together."

And the Batman story?

"We're really honing in on and harping on the overall understanding of what it means to defend and be a defender," Diaco said. "So we've taken the imagery of Batman. We have video on the overhead and went through it all and talked about how Batman has no special powers, he's just a regular guy who made a decision to train and prepare and commit his life to defending."

Diaco At Middlesex Chamber Breakfast: Fish Cake, Batman ... And Football

crazy-guy-clipart-1.jpg

Reaction Score
You thinking you are the only voice of reason is rich.

More likely is that others don't see the value in piling on.

Nonsense.

Benedict wasn't here for 2014 and 2015.

The guy needs to know what he's getting if he keeps Diaco.

Reaction Score
Look.

This comes down to recruiting. When your program is a joke in the football world its not easy to recruit.

Our local area recruiting has Syracuse, BC, Temple and PSU picking over for division 1 prospects. RU, MD are big10 now.

The coaching staffs at all of those colleges have members with UConn experience. The division 1-AA programs and even the Patriot League now with scholarship football are picking through everything else throughout the northeast.

What you have left - if you don't go outside is what f---king UMASS is now. A program on disaster watch in division 1.

So we go outside to FL, OH, TX, PA - and were competing for marginals with our peer programs in the AAC.

UCF left Booby's trophy on the field. USF has its own fan problems, but has a winning team. Texas? Houston and SMU vs UConn?

This decision regarding Booby is a no-brainer for a school committed to division 1A FBS athletics.

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, and the concept of trying to recruit the brainiac football players has another obstacle.

Army
Navy
Yale
Harvard

Reaction Score

A month ago I thought 0% chance he's fired.

After the Temple game, I moved it to 25%.

Now I actually think it's 50/50.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Date: 10/25/2016
Post game UCF the fake-fake-real FG game

Quote:

"Let's target 6 year olds to 16 year olds. How bout that? Eventually they're going to be 18 to 35. Let's broadcast our games on Nickelodeon! Let's create some real intrigue. Let's create some real followership. That's all i was trying to do. With love and respect and energy and thoughtfulness. I didn't make this up. I didn't create this thing out of nowhere."

UConn football coach Diaco on ‘Civil ConFLiCT’ debacle: ‘I don’t understand why it was a bad idea’

To this day I can't believe this one was said by a major D1 football coach.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
To this day I can't believe this one was said by a major D1 football coach.

If Nickelodeon played CFB I'd be trying to crank out babies like there's no tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom