Diaco on the Huskies Performance & What Needs to Improve | The Boneyard

Diaco on the Huskies Performance & What Needs to Improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Matt, I appreciate your coverage, so this isn't a comment towards you.

But it's all just words from Diaco's mouth. Our actions and actual play speak much much more loudly.

Any "trend" in a positive direction is a complete myth when you look at actual metrics and results.

Used ESPN as my source, whatever that is worth :

2014 : 15.5ppg offense, giving up 29.8ppg on D.
2015 : 17.2ppg offense, giving up 19.8ppg on D
2016 : 19.8ppg offense, giving up 26.4ppg on D

If that's progress on O, in what world is that acceptable? In absolute terms... ok... we've added a whopping 4ppg. In relative terms - it would have been quite literally impossible to get any worse. Compared to our peers - even ones with coaching changes - we lag so far behind it's an embarrassment. Never mind getting in to any aesthetic evaluation which by ANY measure is poor to unwatchable. This isn't a matter of just a play or two here or there.

Defense this year is soft as the stuff in my kids diaper.

At NO POINT have we averaged scoring more points than we give up!!

2014 you want to say he burned it all down to get the stink of PP off of us... fine. Don't agree 100% but I understand.

2015 we showed some marginal improvement and benefitted greatly from turnovers. Not pretty but it was, on some level, progress.

2016 we have regressed and there are no excuses left.

We've collectively been subject to 5+ years of awful, awful football save for a small gasp on the gurney last year. (But remember fans, buy up those tix!) No one should tolerate this mess as progress.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I agree that Bob did a crap job coaching against Maine and particularly Navy. He held his own against Cuse and did a good job last night (not perfect, but good). However, Urban Meyer could not have gotten us a win last night. They had athletes playing at a different level than us.

Reaction Score
His game plan was a give up plan. Punting from the 38 on 4th and 4 tells you everything you need to know.

The only reason that anything looks like progress is he dumped the first season on purpose. 2-10 sets an awful low bar, it's almost impossible not to progress once you set the false floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom