Diaco knows what's wrong and will fix it | The Boneyard

Diaco knows what's wrong and will fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Approval to post the job descriptions...

If that's really what happens, it shows proof positive that the administration of the university has no understanding whatsoever of the sport of football in division 1 athletics and it's importance to generating revenue.

Sad.

Reaction Score
All this talk from Diaco on the culture of the program makes me want to kick him.

All I see is a culture of incompetence and quit on the field.

All I get from him is systemic lying and delusional analysis.

Reaction Score
Approval to post the job descriptions...

Absolutely Medic......
IMHO, with a 3.4 to 5 MM buyout on a G5 budget, 1 more year to fix.....
A complete re-tool on the offensive side of the ball with jobs posted as Medic mentioned :
OC. (experience as an OC needed please)
OL (please replace Cummings ... hint {bring back Coach Foley})

Note to the Administration, please get everything ready for Joe Moorehead 1 year hence.....

Reaction Score
Said the same thing in the presser thread. if it's so damn easy like he says it is, then why hasn't he done it? If we're not shelling out for a top notch offensive coordinator we're screwed again next year
Because TJ is under contract and all experienced OC's are busy right now.

Reaction Score
Saying you're going to "fix it" when you've had the reins for three years (or 30 years for politicians) is a promise that rings hollow. It remains to be seen whether Benedict's response will be the same as the Electoral College.

Reaction Score
The problem is himself.

"He also says he has the support of UConn athletic director David Benedict.

Benedict declined to comment."

That is hilarious. L O L funny.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This guy couldn't be further from fixing anything. He has no idea. Example #87 is reaching for Corley as a mid season replacement for OC.

I think last spring Diaco told Verducci to build an offense featuring double tight end sets and he did so. The formations failed spectacularly over the first three games because our TE and RBs could not block the pass rush. Somehow our TE disappeared as well - not sure if thats on BS or the TEs as well. So they morphed into a shotgun-spread offence to help prevent stacking the box which started to work better. Then they go into the UCF and ECU games where it all fails again pushing Diaco to plan C (Corley-DW). So just in one season alone he has tried three types of offensive schemes with nothing sustainable coming from it.

And the recruiting trail is bleak, no meaningful Oline or QB prospects on deck to change it up next year. Yes, I am excited for Skanes, Hopkins, Vickers, Herring and Coyle, but those boys need a QB and Oline.

I think alot of whats wrong is the very culture Diaco has installed. Too much emphasis on winning breakfast, the gym and fellowship on the team and too little on aggressive X&O football. Lack of aggression is clearly evident on the defense - which is 100% on Diaco.

Reaction Score
21.png
That's what the captain of the Titanic said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom