Diaco from AAC Teleconference (9/29) | The Boneyard

Diaco from AAC Teleconference (9/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
How to fix the culture: “You just be honest, show them love, respect and care and focus on getting better each day and that’s all you can do.”

hmmm...not necessarily how I would break their bad habits

'Its ok Johnny - we love you and respect you and care about you but can you pretty please try better next time to make the block they way we showed you'.

I am cut from different cloth - but hey - if it works.

Reaction Score
Once again he references Whitmer's INT without realizing that he is the one putting Whitmer in there.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
How to fix the culture: “You just be honest, show them love, respect and care and focus on getting better each day and that’s all you can do.”

hmmm...not necessarily how I would break their bad habits

'Its ok Johnny - we love you and respect you and care about you but can you pretty please try better next time to make the block they way we showed you'.

I am cut from different cloth - but hey - if it works.

Of course, you haven't ever won an award for being the top assistant in college football either.

So, there are two differences.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Turning the ball over, not tackling, committing penalties and getting blown up in your own endzone doesn't fall under 'luck'.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Turning the ball over, not tackling, committing penalties and getting blown up in your own endzone doesn't fall under 'luck'.

We are creating our own bad "luck". Its what a losing team does.

Reaction Score
Of course, you haven't ever won an award for being the top assistant in college football either.

But maybe bonehead was voted most astute in his high school class. Or stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

The Broyles award is a joke. Look at the list of winners and there is only 1 guy that has had decent HC success , Malzahn, who is now HC at the same school where he won it.

Reaction Score
Kumbaya coaching. Hippie stuff.
It's a violent sport. Love and support your players, that's fine. That's outstanding. But it won't make people play better.
Hmmm, I'm just going to go out there and do my best and if I mess up coach is going to give me a hug and tell me its okay, just do your best to not do that again.

You make boneheaded mistakes, you sit. Coach needs to let them know it is not ok. You prove yourself in practice again and earn your spot again and earn the confidence of your coaches and teammates. If you do earn that spot again, you will be better. If you continue to make mental errors then you are not the right player at that time.

Now, what HCBD does in private may be another thing. Praise in public. Reprimand in private.

Bonehead

Reaction Score

Agreed - there are also plenty of coaches who didnt win an award for top assistant and dont believe in the 'love' potion #9 that have been successful as head coaches.

My experiences were military based - so there wasnt a lot of love shown on getting young adults to change thier bad ways - but you are right I didnt win an award as a top college coach - I was rewarded with watching young men with bad habits turn into responsible adults working as one for a common goal. Way different.

Reaction Score
Really, this huge improvement he's seeing...yet another turnover for a score in the opening drive, off side on a kickoff negating a score, awful offensive line play, poor blocking on the return game...what was he seeing earlier in the season?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
freescooter said:
Really, this huge improvement he's seeing...yet another turnover for a score in the opening drive, off side on a kickoff negating a score, awful offensive line play, poor blocking on the return game...what was he seeing earlier in the season?

Watching again. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 and making it didn't do us any favors.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I read the Boneyard because I enjoy football and learn from many who post here.

Also, the wailing and gnashing of teeth is often amusing though it is mostly boring and banal, coming from self appointed experts.

I used to scream at Jim Calhoun during televised games from the safety of my family room. My wife would walk by and repeat: "Honey, he can't hear you!"

Coach Diaco will be with us for a long time so for the nattering critics (and they are easy to distinguish from the legitimate ones):

"He can't hear you."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Honestly, I read the Boneyard because I enjoy football and learn from many who post here.

Also, the wailing and gnashing of teeth is often amusing though it is mostly boring and banal, coming from self appointed experts.

I used to scream at Jim Calhoun during televised games from the safety of my family room. My wife would walk by and repeat: "Honey, he can't hear you!"

Coach Diaco will be with us for a long time so for the nattering critics (and they are easy to distinguish from the legitimate ones):

"He can't hear you."

If someone really wants Coach Diaco to hear them all they need to do is be at the Husky Walk - he will shake your hand and you get about 3.5 seconds to say your peace.

Who is screaming at Coach Diaco in this thread...? Or just a general observation?

Reaction Score
If someone really wants Coach Diaco to hear them all they need to do is be at the Husky Walk - he will shake your hand and you get about 3.5 seconds to say your peace.

Who is screaming at Coach Diaco in this thread...? Or just a general observation?

Just a general observation but rant, scream, obsess over, sarcastically deride, or drone on-- it's not edifying us and "He can't hear you."

And my 3.5 seconds with Coach Diaco, I think you meant "piece" "not peace", I'd say
"Peace bro Diaco."

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Just a general observation but rant, scream, obsess over, sarcastically deride, or drone on-- it's not edifying us and "He can't hear you."

And my 3.5 seconds with Coach Diaco, I think you meant "piece" "not peace", I'd say
"Peace bro Diaco."

yep - damn internet police...

I have said 'lets get em coach'

Reaction Score
Watching again. The decision to go for it on 4th and 1 and making it didn't do us any favors.

I thought the same thing in real time after the int. The 3 would have been nice.

Reaction Score

"He can't hear you."

You are wrong. He heard the boos on Saturday.

Reaction Score
But maybe bonehead was voted most astute in his high school class. Or stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

The Broyles award is a joke. Look at the list of winners and there is only 1 guy that has had decent HC success , Malzahn, who is now HC at the same school where he won it.
Was saying we should hire Malzahn so long ago. Oh well. Dude probably knew he'd end up somewhere big.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As does my wife...
image.jpg

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

"He can't hear you."
You forgot to say "Honey..."

Reaction Score
I think my posting speaks for itself in that I am a UConn fan and wish only the best for this football team, so please read the entire post before crucifying me. UMass hired a Notre Dame coordinator 3 years ago and it was an unmitigated disaster. Makes me wonder just how much responsibility/ authority Brian Kelly gives his subordinates. Molnar spent 2 years at UMass without a clue as to how to be a head coach. Press conferences were good and he said all the right things for the most part. Game days were horrendous and the "deer in the headlight" look never went away.
I'm not saying UConn is in the same boat and I truly hope they are not. BD's style is quite different from Molnar's and hopefully this is just a learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom