Diaco Complaint Thread | The Boneyard

Diaco Complaint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
We are barely able to recruit at a D1 level. We have taken several steps back as our conference status was demoted and we've hired two dumpster fires. There is no way for recruiting to improve (particularly our areas of critical need - OL and QB) until our performance improves. Without an exciting offense and aggressive defense we have nothing to offer above competing schools and will be stuck in the wilderness indefinitely.

I think that about covers it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I hope I didn't read our commits 9 and 10 only had FCS offers. We've been reduced to FCS level.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Look, the biggest problem is Diaco and his staff have not been able to coach units up. OL - unmitigated disaster.
WR - OK, TE - regressed, RB - no change, QB - backwards, DL- backwards, LB- backwards, DB - backwards, special teams- backwards.

Do we realize 3 years ago- we had a DB of OBI, Byron Jones and Andrew Adams - 2 guys are NFL starters and the 3rd could be next year.
It is not just the recruiting- it is the breakdown of each unit which has gone backwards due to philosophy or coaching- in other words - coaching. The team looks better in a uniform, but hasn't been coached up or better as a unit. This is Diaco's biggest problem, not his stupid words, his culture of love, etc.
Personally, get the right coach in here and we can be back in a few years. No one did a bigger resurection job than Al Golden(Jesus doesn't count in this conversation.) That is who I want in here-someone who built something from nothing and can do it again, with more resources.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Look, the biggest problem is Diaco and his staff have not been able to coach units up. OL - unmitigated disaster.
WR - OK, TE - regressed, RB - no change, QB - backwards, DL- backwards, LB- backwards, DB - backwards, special teams- backwards.

Do we realize 3 years ago- we had a DB of OBI, Byron Jones and Andrew Adams - 2 guys are NFL starters and the 3rd could be next year.
It is not just the recruiting- it is the breakdown of each unit which has gone backwards due to philosophy or coaching- in other words - coaching. The team looks better in a uniform, but hasn't been coached up or better as a unit. This is Diaco's biggest problem, not his stupid words, his culture of love, etc.
Personally, get the right coach in here and we can be back in a few years. No one did a bigger resurection job than Al Golden(Jesus doesn't count in this conversation.) That is who I want in here-someone who built something from nothing and can do it again, with more resources.

Agree. My issue isn't that the staff is recruiting "under the radar" players. It's that the staff hasn't developed a single "under the radar" player in three years. at any position. on either side of the ball.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'd also like to say - like @UConnDan97 - I used to be a real positive and optimistic person and this season has completely destroyed that. Thanks Diaco.

You can't imagine just how hard that dumb f%&k makes it for me to predict undefeated seasons! it's so hard to do with him at the helm. I have to look at you all, right at all of your awesome handpicked avatars, and lie like no man has ever lied before!

Elvis is still alive? Not as hard.
Taco Bell uses real meat? Nope, not as hard.
Yellow cake in Iraq? Not as hard. Maybe even easier than fish oil cake.

Undefeated under Diaco??? I've got severe agita...:confused:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Our best pass rusher is Luke Carrazola, so...

The next time I see Luke Carrazola in coverage, I will ..........

Reaction Score
Two thoughts.

I love when posters claim people have "agendas". If wanting us to win games is an agenda, then I'm guilty.

Do people really think that recruits won't see us discussing our disappointment with our recruiting because their name isn't in the title?

You don't think they're smart enough to click on other threads?

Ummm, okay.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Two thoughts.

I love when posters claim people have "agendas". If wanting us to win games is an agenda, then I'm guilty.
Ummm, okay.

When posters deliberately say "Player X had no FBS offers" despite strong documentation to the contrary that is easily accessible by a) a few clicks in recruiting threads or b) a quick Google search, I thinks it's fair to call them out on that. If you're going to argue recruiting, at least have your facts straight.

Reaction Score
We got this man. Nothing to see here.

920x920.jpg

Reaction Score
When posters deliberately say "Player X had no FBS offers" despite strong documentation to the contrary that is easily accessible by a) a few clicks in recruiting threads or b) a quick Google search, I thinks it's fair to call them out on that. If you're going to argue recruiting, at least have your facts straight.
Id love if you can cite where anyone said the words "player X had no FBS offers"
Everything is fine.

Reaction Score
And with that, he went 2-10 and talked about a "full rebuild", with exhibition games and all. He sucks so hard...

...so hard...
That team had more talent than that record. Geremy Davis and Deshon Foxx on offense.

Bottom line is this coach talked about the mess he inherited but he will live a worse mess for the next guy.

Recruiting is where he has really sucked. Few of his recruits have had much of impact.

We will see what next year brings. If Skanes, Vickers , Dixon etc, don't contribute early were in for a bad year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We will see what next year brings. If Skanes, Vickers , Dixon etc, don't contribute early were in for a bad year.

I'm interested to see what they and a few others bring (Leone, DeGeorge in particular), but when considering what he's already done with NFL players...God help us...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Id love if you can cite where anyone said the words "player X had no FBS offers"
Everything is fine.

Not verbatim, but it's a pretty good paraphrase of post #3 and #15 in this thread. People in the Tunstall thread kept posting about competing with FCS schools for kids.

Nice straw-tastic claim that I think "everything is fine" - totally false. I'm just incredibly annoyed at people who had better things to do when we were landing kids with only FCS offers earlier this year, but start jabbering on when we get kids who have been determined by multiple FBS HCs to be FBS quality players. It smacks of "I'm just generally pissed about Diaco (understandable) so I'm going to start complaining about something without any notion of whether said complaint is grounded in reality."

Also, the whole "cherry-picking a kid's worst offer" is kinda nonsensical. Applying your logic to basketball, Jalen Adams was just a kid with Radford and Mount St. Mary's offers, and Shabazz was only a Tulane or Rutgers-level player.

Reaction Score

I think it's fine to tell people their statements are factually incorrect.

I laugh at the idea there's some sort of "agenda", like people need some sort of excuse to criticize everything about Diaco and the program right now. And as if everyone here (but the very few trolls), aren't complaining because we're basically terrible at everything right now. It's an agenda? Sure, okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom