Diaco Calls UConn's Season 'A Molotov Cocktail Of Ugliness' (Jacobs) | The Boneyard

Diaco Calls UConn's Season 'A Molotov Cocktail Of Ugliness' (Jacobs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The significant thing I thought about this column is that we finally have the most respected sports columnist at the Courant openly taking about the ramifications of firing Diaco. Buyout provisions, etc.

Reaction Score
As I wrote yesterday nobody is buying what he is selling with this nonsense. Clearly he is at a loss for what's going on which tells me he is over his head. It is more and more looking like it will be best for everyone if we cut ties somehow come the end of the season. Perfect ending would be for Bob to get offered D.C. job with Ol Miss or somebody and just leave. UCONN could waive his buyout. Won't happen but I can dream.

Reaction Score
Diaco sounds like he wants out of here. I think he's hoping the AD fires him before (or even after) January 1, so he can take his big $ buyout and go back to being a DC somewhere.

Reaction Score
As I wrote yesterday nobody is buying what he is selling with this nonsense. Clearly he is at a loss for what's going on which tells me he is over his head. It is more and more looking like it will be best for everyone if we cut ties somehow come the end of the season. Perfect ending would be for Bob to get offered D.C. job with Ol Miss or somebody and just leave. UCONN could waive his buyout. Won't happen but I can dream.
His old boss at ND is in need of a DC...who knows maybe there will be a reunion, kind of like happened with former coaching candidate Garrick McGee when he left UAB to go back to being OC for Petrino.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Diaco isn't trying to get fired and he's not taking a demotion to DC at this point unless it's his last possible option. His entire career has been spent waiting for the opportunity to be HC.

Unfortunately he's just not very good at it.

Reaction Score
He said he doesn't do anything drastic... Time to change that philosophy....

Reaction Score
Diaco isn't trying to get fired and he's not taking a demotion to DC at this point unless it's his last possible option. His entire career has been spent waiting for the opportunity to be HC.

Unfortunately he's just not very good at it.
Didn't say it would happen. Only that it would be great if it did. I sense that he is lost and he knows he is lost. But he can't quit without losing face so the obvious solution is for him to "get a promotion" that isn't one. D.C. For the Rams or something. Notre Dame would work. Or The Big or SEC. Gives everybody cover. Of course it won't happen but it would be great if it could.

Reaction Score
Let's face it...This entire season, with the exception of the Cincy game, has been an unmitigated disaster..

The close escape against a mediocre Maine FCS team, a close win in an unwatchable game against UVA, big play after big play given up against SU, USF & Houston, an inability to score TD's against UCF, and now the beat down versus ECU completely overshadows any & all improvements that HCBD thinks he saw.

Nothing good comes out of this for the players, (except for Thomas who has exceeded expectations) the coaching staff, the school, or it's fan base. Will be interesting to see attendance for Temple and especially the Tulane game when the students are on break.

Only a complete house cleaning appears to be the solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom