Dhameer Bradley | The Boneyard

Dhameer Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Found this quote interesting from the Noel Thomas article:

"Dhameer had a very listless beginning to camp," Diaco said. "The reasons are irrelevant. He struggled producing. Listen, we love Dhameer. Dhameer is a great teammate. But like a batter in a slump, the harder you try the worse it gets. Or a golfer … a little bit of a phase like that, which set him back a little bit. He has taken a great accountability for that time and is indomitable in changing. We're going to allow for him to perform and produce at the level that he can and should."

This is really disappointing as watching Bradley as a freshman I thought he could be a really good player for this team/program. With the news that the 3 or 4 freshmen wide-outs will play (apparently Beals looks amazing) does this squeeze out Bradley in the rotation for PT this year?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Found this quote interesting from the Noel Thomas article:

"Dhameer had a very listless beginning to camp," Diaco said. "The reasons are irrelevant. He struggled producing. Listen, we love Dhameer. Dhameer is a great teammate. But like a batter in a slump, the harder you try the worse it gets. Or a golfer … a little bit of a phase like that, which set him back a little bit. He has taken a great accountability for that time and is indomitable in changing. We're going to allow for him to perform and produce at the level that he can and should."

This is really disappointing as watching Bradley as a freshman I thought he could be a really good player for this team/program. With the news that the 3 or 4 freshmen wide-outs will play (apparently Beals looks amazing) does this squeeze out Bradley in the rotation for PT this year?
I thought something very similar and yes, it appears that Bradley is getting squeazed. I hope he gets in during junk time vs 'Nova (Our favor of course), makes a few catches, and gets some confidence back.

Reaction Score
From another article:

>>Thomas (Lucas) is Bradley's roommate. He is in position to give some insight.

"Dhameer had a really good spring," Thomas said. "Coming into camp, I don't know if he had a bad camp — I wouldn't say bad — but it wasn't as [good] as his spring was. The expectation level was higher. Toward the end of camp he definitely started to battle back. That's good to see from him. Instead of going into the tank and getting down on himself, he's starting to build himself back to who he was."<<

Reaction Score
Bradley also had a hamstring pull this summer and may have tried to come back a bit quicker than advisable. He has a great spirit and will be working hard to get back in the rotation. Don't give up on Dhameer.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The kid can play. Just needs to make sure he has done all his preparation and is ready to go when he gets his chance.

Reaction Score
this kid's one of my favorites... I hope he shocks everybody and has a fantastic season for us.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Kid has too much talent to sit long. Sounds like he has a great roommate who will push him positively as well.

Reaction Score
NeillOstrout11:28am via Twitter Web Client
UConn coach Bob Diaco says WR Dhameer Bradley was not held out of opener because of injury. Just a DNP.

NeillOstrout11:29am via Twitter Web Client
Dicaco says Bradley had a "nagging lower leg injury" that slowed him earlier but is "full go" now.

NeillOstrout11:30am via Twitter Web Client
Bradley was top of the depth chart at one WR entering training camp but did not play in opener. 3 true frosh with big camps and passed him

NHRJimFuller11:50am via Twitter for iPhone
Slow start at camp and minor lower leg issue resulted in DNP vs. Villanova for WR Dhameer Bradley

Reaction Score
He had a hamstring pull (not a lower leg injury) and tried to come back too soon. He's got a big desire to regain his playing time.

Reaction Score
So he'll compete and probably be back in the rotation. Great that we have other guys stepping up. Right now we don't fling it all over the field but as QB gets more reps his return could pay off a few games from now.

Reaction Score
Bradley also had a hamstring pull this summer and may have tried to come back a bit quicker than advisable. He has a great spirit and will be working hard to get back in the rotation. Don't give up on Dhameer.
Hamstring injuries can linger for a long time. Hope the staff can work some magic.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
Diaco used the term "lower leg injury" in reference to Boyle last year and it was received controversially here.
That goes on everywhere now. Legal privacy coupled with coaches loving the opacity.

Reaction Score
Diaco used the term "lower leg injury" in reference to Boyle last year and it was received controversially here.

I know that, but i can't understand why it matters.

It makes no difference to anything if we know or not. It's not like he will come back quicker if we wish real hard for a healed ankle, instead of a healed "lower leg".

Of course, last year i guess it was easy to bash BD because of his record. This year, hopefully we win enough that people don't go crazy over tiny things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom