DHam vs Larrier & Jackson | The Boneyard

DHam vs Larrier & Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm kinda looking forward to have a more traditional swing player. Someone with more off the ball skills. DHam was a fine player, but needed the ball to be effective. At the same time, Dham wasn't fast enough to dominate with the ball either. I thought he took the ball away from the guards.

I'm looking forward to having some wing players with more traditional off the ball abilities...like shooting. Adams and Gilbert on the ball and Larrier and Jackson finishing.

Looking foward to seeing where we go.

Reaction Score
I liked Daniel, and I thought he did a lot to try to bring Amida into the offense, but I sometimes felt that he we more about showcasing his own talents, and I never liked him putting the ball on the floor. Jackson is going to clear traffic, helping to make Adams and Gilbert a very dangerous duo.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Completely different players - at least at this point
I understand why the comparatives and differences
DHam was a very versatile 4 and more of a 1/2 combo vs a 3 but he had really good nose for rebounding the ball and starting a breakout.
DHam had a few real kinks in his game and seemed to be working on most and improving.
One more year would have done him wonders - not sure if KO knew he would stay 1 more yr what that would have done to 2016 class recruitment.
Larrier, at this point is faster and longer and has a better pro body than DHam. Not sure if he's a better shooter or ballhandler. DHam has the rebound edge
Jackson is a better shooter, based on yesterday only, but DHam was a better athlete.
Going to be interesting - I think Larrier will be the next UConn pro.

Reaction Score
DHam was a genius at getting himself out of the trouble that he got himself into. Sometimes though it led to really bad TOs. Great player. Fun to watch. His game needed a little maturity to be a really special player.

Reaction Score
I know it's only one game but based on what I saw yesterday I'm amped on Larrier. He missed a driving layup, hung in the air and tapped it back in. Made a nice "3" where his foot was on the line. Very long and not as thin as expected, he must have been hitting the weights.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game, but without Hamilton, I presume we didn't have multiple alley-oop passes to Brimah?

Reaction Score
I expect we will see those passes from Adams and Gilbert because that's an easy way for Brimah to score, and it should be a part of our game plan. No one has Hamilton's vision so it won't be as many but why not at least 3 of those per game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom