DH Post Game Press Conference 1/15 | The Boneyard

DH Post Game Press Conference 1/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Do you really want to listen to it ?

I read Borges asked him about making a change and Hurley said that they need a spark and definitely will be making some change. .. maybe we will see what some Yarders have been suggesting.

Reaction Score
His quotes from the presser
565613D9-952E-4198-85A2-08C913035B8E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Do you really want to listen to it ?

I read Borges asked him about making a change and Hurley said that they need a spark and definitely will be making some change. .. maybe we will see what some Yarders have been suggesting.
A spark? Sorry coach, that's not what we need.

Reaction Score
This one is tough to process. Hurley and the staff clearly knew/recognized that we shouldn't be playing a horrible 3 point shooting team like St. John's tight 25 feet from the hoop. Based on the above quote I'm confident that it was a focal point and communicated to our guys. The guards just kept doing it anyways?

Reaction Score
His quotes from the presser
View attachment 83063

Some steam came off of my head when I read the head coach say that guys shouldn’t have been hugging non shooters at the three point line

Its on the coach to get guys to memorize the scout and tell them mid-game if they forget it. What is he coaching if not reminding players who is and it not a shooter? Is he twiddling his thumbs? Middle school coaches know to do that.

Reaction Score
If I’m Uconn, do you really want the audio of this after you were embarrassed by a bad St. John’s team at home? Not only embarrassed, but one thing that these last few losses to Providence, Xavier, and Marquette has shown is that this team is soft. And when was that term ever used to describe a Uconn basketball team…never.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's a little confusing. Like if Hurley recognizes that was a problem by the time he does the presser, then I assume he saw that during the game. So is he not telling them during the game? Is he telling them and they are not listening and just repeating the wrong defensive scheme over and over despite having just been told not to do it?

Reaction Score
At this point we have to do triage to preserve the recruiting class.

Hurley does not have any answers and probably should each game be coaching for his job.

Reaction Score
I want to hear a conversation between Coach Hurley and has father Bob because if we know the answers, surely Bob does too. But if you really want to hear Coach Hurley, here you go.

Reaction Score
Its on the coach to get guys to memorize the scout and tell them mid-game if they forget it. What is he coaching if not reminding players who is and it not a shooter? Is he twiddling his thumbs? Middle school coaches know to do that.
At least he hasn’t picked up any Ts. Lord knows the old Danny would have been tossed a few times the past few games. Wish his kids could get that part too.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some steam came off of my head when I read the head coach say that guys shouldn’t have been hugging non shooters at the three point line

If only there was some mechanism for a coach to relay to his players they don't need to he doing that and if they keep doing it another player is allowed to come in and do a better job. If only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom