Detective Work on the real heights of UCONN WBB | The Boneyard

Detective Work on the real heights of UCONN WBB

Reaction Score
I’ve always been curious about how tall the players actually are (given that their listed heights seem to be a smidge off or exaggerated).

This picture is probably the easiest to compare with so I drew lines and color-coded the ladies into groups within an inch range.

Our bigs (Piath, Amari, Liv, & Amari) are in the 6’4”-6’5” pretty clearly.

Caroline is listed at 6’2” which seems reasonable when you see her around Aaliyah who is 6’3”. Plus she is clearly got a few inches on Nika, Paige, Azzi, etc.

The two shorter groups is where it gets a bit iffy for me. Paige seems to have an inch or two on Azzi (even though they are both listed as 5’11”). Plus Paige & Evina seem to be about the same height leading me to believe that Paige is actually closer to 6’.

Azzi is listed at 5’11” but probably is more around 5’10”. Nika and Christyn seem especially short in this photo which leads me to believe that they are probably shorter than 5’10 but it may just be the picture or the angle? (They are listed at 5’10” and 5’11” respectively)
E154E86F-6BF1-4651-8E94-E37D21815A45.jpeg

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Some of them appear to be slouching a bit...I am guessing that when they are officially measured, they are standing straight up. Amari, Christyn and Piath appear to be standing straight up.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I’ve always been curious about how tall the players actually are (given that their listed heights seem to be a smidge off or exaggerated).
I finished reading your post and moved on to the next post which honest to gosh had this click bait. Too funny! :D

SHORTEST ACTORS REAL HEIGHTS
1647472769607.png

Reaction Score
Interesting and nice that you put it together, however two quibbles:

Too much slouching going on to get precise comparisons, but a good roughish comparison.

The quibble above is just a minor thing. No big deal. In the other hand, the second is a mega-quibble. NO LINE FOR THE HARTLEY UNIT? This smacks of heresy. Feet and inches are fine, but UConn women basketball players are measured in Hartley Units.

Reaction Score

This picture is probably the easiest to compare with so I drew lines and color-coded the ladies into groups within an inch range.

Caroline is listed at 6’2” which seems reasonable when you see her around Aaliyah who is 6’3”. Plus she is clearly got a few inches on Nika, Paige, Azzi, etc.

The two shorter groups is where it gets a bit iffy for me. Paige seems to have an inch or two on Azzi (even though they are both listed as 5’11”). Plus Paige & Evina seem to be about the same height leading me to believe that Paige is actually closer to 6’.

Azzi is listed at 5’11” but probably is more around 5’10”. Nika and Christyn seem especially short in this photo which leads me to believe that they are probably shorter than 5’10 but it may just be the picture or the angle? (They are listed at 5’10” and 5’11” respectively) View attachment 74494
Obviously you are new to the boneyard. You’ve done some outstanding work with the photo, but here at the boneyard we use the Hartley unit to measure the height of the Huskies. That is because after extensive research boneyarders realized that the players athletic shoes may not all be the same height. Also, in photos, players may be shorter or taller than depicted based up their position in the photo, like being forward or in the rear or turned to the side or not standing straight up. I do not know why this is not covered in the board rules. Anyway welcome to the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Obviously you are new to the boneyard. You’ve done some outstanding work with the photo, but here at the boneyard we use the Hartley unit to measure the height of the Huskies. That is because after extensive research boneyarders realized that the players athletic shoes may not all be the same height. Also, in photos, players may be shorter or taller than depicted based up their position in the photo, like being forward or in the rear or turned to the side or not standing straight up. I do not know why this is not covered in the board rules. Anyway welcome to the boneyard.
I am new & thanks for the welcome! :)
Someone please explain the Hartley unit!

Also, if anyone can find better pictures for comparisons (without the slouching and depth issues), let me know.

Some of my conclusions are also from seeing other photos/videos of the players together. Particularly, Paige & Azzi (who are pictured together quite often) seem to have a few inch height difference despite the fact that they are both listed at the same height.

Reaction Score
The girls standing on the sides are curved towards the front. Due to the POV for the picture, this makes them look artificially shorter.

Reaction Score

Azzi is listed at 5’11” but probably is more around 5’10”. Nika and Christyn seem especially short in this photo which leads me to believe that they are probably shorter than 5’10 but it may just be the picture or the angle? (They are listed at 5’10” and 5’11” respectively) View attachment 74494
I think you're missing one (probably more) key piece(s), if lines were also drawn at feet elevations then maybe we would have something. I did a quick cutout of Azzi and moved her next to Dorka...how tall is Azzi now? :rolleyes:

E154E86F-6BF1-4651-8E94-E37D21815A45 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How tall are you now? You will be much taller standing on your pile of money soon. Good for you!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am new & thanks for the welcome! :)
Someone please explain the Hartley unit!
Theoretically, 1 Hartley unit = Bria Hartley

However, there are some who argued Bria Hartley was actually 1.1 to 1.2 Hartley units. And then there were those nuts who claimed she was only 0.9 Hartley units. But nobody ever paid any attention to that nonsense.

Reaction Score
Theoretically, 1 Hartley unit = Bria Hartley

However, there are some who argued Bria Hartley was actually 1.1 to 1.2 Hartley units. And then there were those nuts who claimed she was only 0.9 Hartley units. But nobody ever paid any attention to that nonsense.
The key word is “theoretically”.

Reaction Score
I think you're missing one (probably more) key piece(s), if lines were also drawn at feet elevations then maybe we would have something. I did a quick cutout of Azzi and moved her next to Dorka...how tall is Azzi now? :rolleyes:

View attachment 74515
Of course Azzi looks taller - look closely, you placed her on Dorka’s shoe.

Reaction Score
Now I'm really worried! Is it an NCAA violation to incorrectly report a players height? Can we be disqualified from the NCAA tournament for inaccurate height reporting? Maybe there should be fines for this type of flagrant violations?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom